Brewer Fanatic

The classiness of Matt Holliday: OK with teammate Peralta, in spite of PED use

craigharmann

I was coming on here to post the same thing...I wonder what Skip Schumaker thinks about Matt Holliday ignoring this chapter of the unwritten rules of baseball.

I know a lot of us long to have the consistency of the Cardinals organization, but man, I don't think I would trade our inconsistency for their consistency if it requires their ridiculous arrogance.

What a joke.

This is one of Holiday's quotes regarding PEDs from that article:

The guys that aren't using are against it. We want a level playing field. Everybody wants a level playing field that's not using it

what the quote really should be is:

The guys that haven't been caught yet are against it. We want the appearance of wanting a level playing field even though everyone knows that from time to time most professional athletes take or have taken some sort of PED to either stay on the field, recover from an injury, and/or get a boost in performance. I'm forgiving Peralta because if I hadn't chosen Clinic X for my 'supplements' and instead opted for Biogenesis, I'd be in Jhonny's exact same situation.

IMO, that's a quote that a majority of MLBers (or any other pro sport athlete) would have to admit is correct if they are truly being honest.

This is one of Holiday's quotes regarding PEDs from that article:

The guys that aren't using are against it. We want a level playing field. Everybody wants a level playing field that's not using it

what the quote really should be is:

The guys that haven't been caught yet are against it. We want the appearance of wanting a level playing field even though everyone knows that from time to time most professional athletes take or have taken some sort of PED to either stay on the field, recover from an injury, and/or get a boost in performance. I'm forgiving Peralta because if I hadn't chosen Clinic X for my 'supplements' and instead opted for Biogenesis, I'd be in Jhonny's exact same situation.

IMO, that's a quote that a majority of MLBers (or any other pro sport athlete) would have to admit is correct if they are truly being honest.

And you know this because.......?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Holliday's HR Progression 02-07

2002 in AA: 10

2003 in AA: 12

2004 in majors 14

2005 in majors: 19

2006 in majors: 34

2007 in majors: 36

That's quite a jump. True it was Colorado, but his 04 and 05 seasons were also in Denver. At 34 we should start seeing a decline if indeed he's clean.

Archived