Brewer Fanatic

Brewers sign Overbay

markedman5

Here's a McCalvy tweet:

#Brewers' decisions at first base should be clear today or tomorrow, Melvin said.

What more could add clarity? Schroeder said look for a trade when the situation was discussed. No team is going to trade for Overbay or Reynolds.

I don't think there was ever a competition for 1st. All there was, was an escape method in case someone was injured. Personally I think the stat guys will be challenged in finding a way for Melvin to spin this as positive by the time the team is 6 weeks or so into the season.

Formerly AKA Pete

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What more could add clarity?

In Overbay's contract, he has to be added to the 40 man by today or tomorrow or he can become a free agent. Reynolds is a couple days later.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

What more could add clarity?

In Overbay's contract, he has to be added to the 40 man by today or tomorrow or he can become a free agent. Reynolds is a couple days later.

The way I read it is that Overbay can decide to opt out of his contract beginning the 22nd and then the Brewers have 48hours to either add him or release him. Has it been posted that Overbay is opting out?

Melvin depresses me. No wonder Roenicke looks so happy during the game. He gets old guys.

DM: Ron, you're keeping Wang!

Ron: What?

DM: You're Keeping Wang. He's good for the long-term future.

Ron: But I wanna win now!

DM: My decision is final!

Ron: OK, but if I'm keeping Wang, I want Overbay!

DM: Why? He looks washed up.

Ron: I need more veteran grittiness.

DM: Fair enough.

I have no idea what really lead to this decision, this is simply my guess as to how this final roster decision came about, if even indeed both Overbay and Wang are on the roster.

Melvin depresses me. No wonder Roenicke looks so happy during the game. He gets old guys.

DM: Ron, you're keeping Wang!

Ron: What?

DM: You're Keeping Wang. He's good for the long-term future.

Ron: But I wanna win now!

DM: My decision is final!

Ron: OK, but if I'm keeping Wang, I want Overbay!

DM: Why? He looks washed up.

Ron: I need more veteran grittiness.

DM: Fair enough.

I have no idea what really lead to this decision, this is simply my guess as to how this final roster decision came about, if even indeed both Overbay and Wang are on the roster.

It's pretty clear that Francisco sealed his fate last season. He never had a chance to make this roster. Overbay was signed with the intention of keeping him all along.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Archived