Brewer Fanatic

2014 Official Pro Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc).

patrickgpe

for a minute yesterday I thought that the Rock was going to fight Rusov at HIAC, but it looks like yesterday was just a one-off.

If Ambrose wasn't around the WWE would be completely unwatchable these days, and having the Rock around for even 2 weeks would be awesome. Between the bellas, Rusov fighting a new all american each month, the gator vs the bunny, and the authority continuing the crush people, there isn't anything new and exciting these days.

I will admit though that NXT makes up for the dullness of the main roster these days.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
I was half watching HIAC last night while having the packers game on, but i thought the PPV was very good. Probably the PPV of the year. the only think that irks me is that ruined a great match with Wyatt's superhuman garbage. Wyatt is a fascinating character, but the days are past of having characters with magical powers. I would have rather seen a clean finish and then let Wyatt go in the cage normally and started his fued with Ambrose.

• 2 weeks later...
If you haven't seen it, go out of your way to watch last night's edition of NXT. From my memory, the best hour of TV that show has ever produced, and that's saying something.

Absolutely great hour of wrestling. The only negative was Alex Riley on commentary. Finn Balor just exudes charisma. I think putting both he and Hideo in a tag team together was a smart move and a good way to introduce them to the WWE audience. It's funny how much better the tag division is in NXT compared to the WWE.

Then we had the main event. I love the slow and subtle heel turn that Neville is doing. Sami's stunned reaction after the match. Wow. I can't wait to see what happens at the next Takeover event. If Sami loses, he must leave NXT. Does that mean a main roster callup? I know it is wishful thinking, but it would be great if Sami returned as El Generico if he loses the title match.

I would guess you are correct but the WWE Network is free this month and I would think they would have something big planned on this PPV. I mean besides Cena would anybody really care all that much if anybody else on that team was fired? It is a longshot but maybe Cena finally turns heel.

I would guess you are correct but the WWE Network is free this month and I would think they would have something big planned on this PPV. I mean besides Cena would anybody really care all that much if anybody else on that team was fired? It is a longshot but maybe Cena finally turns heel.

Perhaps the long awaited debut of Sting? Have to think it's coming at some point....

• 2 weeks later...

NXT is so much better than Raw and Smackdown. I have loved the build for the Sami Zayn/Adrian Neville. It is nice going into a live special without any idea how it is going to play out. Is Neville going to turn fully heel? Will Sami turn heel? What happens if Sami loses? Will Kevin (Steen) Owens interfere in the match?

I like the Balor/Itami team, but I feel that Itami is being overshadowed. I'm not sure his Japanese strong style is translating well to NXT. Plus, Balor has the "it" factor for sure.

If you have the WWE Network, make sure you watch NXT Takeover: R Evolution. The main event was tremendous. Sometimes the NXT crowd bothers me because I think they are too focused on getting themselves over. However, you saw how invested they are in Sami Zayn. They wanted him to win the championship, but the crowd wanted him to do it cleanly. There were loud "no, no, no" chants when Sami picked up the steel chair and contemplated using it against Neville. The place came unglued when Sami finally won the title.

I was fooled during the celebration. Since Kevin Owens didn't attack Sami immediately, I figured that we were going to get a feel-good ending ala WrestleMania XX. They waited until the very last moment, even after the trademark screen appeared, for Owens to make his attack. The attack was believable and the ring apron powerbomb made Owens look like a beast.

NXT eveolution was really good. Really looking forward to the ascention coming up to the main roster.Its kind of sad that NXT consistently is better than raw every week.

TLC has been very good so far, the dolph - harper and cena - rollins matches were very good.

• 2 weeks later...

pretty big raw tonight, so i am bumping this.

Daniel Bryan is scheduled to make a big announcement (http://www.sescoops.com/daniel-bryan-address-major-crossroads-life-tonight-raw/)

"Everyone comes to a crossroads in their life and I’ve come to mine. I look forward to telling you all about it tonight on #Raw."

wonder if he is done.

Also looking forward to the debut of the Ascension. The tag team division has been very weak of late and I think they could add some life to it.

The Ascension debut was very flat. If they are going to be LOD 2015, they need better theme music, better face paint, and some pyro during their entrance.

The Authority is back after a whole two month absence. Yippee.

It was very flat. When new people debut on the main roster, its always weeks of squash matches. It makes no sense. Alot of fans have seen them on NXT work great matches and then they come in for a 2 minute debut match that really shows nothing.

Not too happy about the authority returning, its going to be the same garbage that we saw all summer and fall. Cena and Bryan are going to be in handicap matches for the foreseeable future.

-----

Continued here:

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=32316

Archived