Brewer Fanatic

2014 Official Pro Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc).

patrickgpe
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

this thread as been dead of late mostly due to not much happening since WrestleMania, that all ended yesterday with the break up of the shield. Its going to be interesting to see where this goes. Will the shield get a new 3rd member? Is Rollins really in evolution? I know the rumor was that Triple H would fight Reins at summerslam, but you think at MITB, there will be a 6 man tag somehow now.

There really isn't a face that fits in well with the shield though unless someone like Neville or Zayn comes up.

Saw this thread on top and thought I'd throw in a random piece of personal info. My brother just got a call from WWE and will be joining them in Minneapolis on the 9th and in Green Bay on the 10th(I believe those are the dates). No idea what he will be doing, or what it all entails, but maybe this will open some doors for him.

Rolins joining Evolution...blah. The Shield had to breakup sooner or later, but the timing of it makes very little sense. One day after they have that brutal match, he suddenly wants to join HHH? Just makes very little sense. Be interesting to see what happens I guess. The Shield almost has to get another member, just not many people on the roster make a lot of sense to me.

The Shield had to breakup sooner or later, but the timing of it makes very little sense. One day after they have that brutal match, he suddenly wants to join HHH?

Not only that but other than Bryant, the Shield as a whole was probably the most popular thing going in the WWE. I guess if you're going to make it a surprise you do it when nobody is expecting you to but the Shield could have easily kept up their popularity for another few months. Evolution could have just added a third member.

On a side not, I wish the WWE would add another faction or two. For some reason they just refuse to build up the tag team ranks or form multiple long-standing factions. I love(d) the Shield and Evolution and like The Wyatt Family but it'd be nice to see more three on three feuds. Plus adding more talent would help prevent things from getting stale. How many times do we need to see Cena fight Bray Wyatt? Or the Justin Rose against Swagger? Or Kane vs Bryan? Remember the good ole days when after the PPV the wrestlers would go their separate ways instead of fighting over and over and over again?

Agreed. And why limit it to just three? Some of the best factions were bigger - DX, the Nation, even NWO before it got stupid big. The 4 Horseman. Stables used to be awesome and they just seem to keep botching it.

Also, if you really want to have a Shield member join Evolution, why not save that for a PPV? Seems like you wasted a big moment on RAW, and as you said, they broke up arguably the second best thing they had going (behind Bryan).

I've read that all along the plan was for Ambrose to be the one to turn, but apparently they had a last minute change on that sometime right before the end of RAW last night and Rollins went instead. Not sure how I feel about that. It just doesn't make any sense. From a surprise standpoint, it kinda worked, but the timing just makes zero sense at all - as I stated, one day after a PPV when they faught (and won), they are super popular and quite frankly, nobody gives a rats ass about HHH or Orton. The Shield could have grown even larger. Quite frankly, I think that most fans just wish that HHH and Stephanie would just go away. It's one thing for people to hate you...it's another thing entirely when you make people want to change the channel. That's how I feel about both of them - I literaly FF every time they show up on TV.

Rolins joining Evolution...blah. The Shield had to breakup sooner or later, but the timing of it makes very little sense. One day after they have that brutal match, he suddenly wants to join HHH? Just makes very little sense. Be interesting to see what happens I guess. The Shield almost has to get another member, just not many people on the roster make a lot of sense to me.

What's next for the Shield after beating Evolution twice? Who else could they go up against? They essentially reached the mountain top as a faction. There is nowhere to go but down. For that reason alone it makes sense to have Rollins turn. It makes things fresh and opens up some new fueds like a potential Reigns/HHH match at SS.

Follow me on Twitter

Agreed. And why limit it to just three? Some of the best factions were bigger - DX, the Nation, even NWO before it got stupid big. The 4 Horseman. Stables used to be awesome and they just seem to keep botching it.

Also, if you really want to have a Shield member join Evolution, why not save that for a PPV? Seems like you wasted a big moment on RAW, and as you said, they broke up arguably the second best thing they had going (behind Bryan).

I've read that all along the plan was for Ambrose to be the one to turn, but apparently they had a last minute change on that sometime right before the end of RAW last night and Rollins went instead. Not sure how I feel about that. It just doesn't make any sense. From a surprise standpoint, it kinda worked, but the timing just makes zero sense at all - as I stated, one day after a PPV when they faught (and won), they are super popular and quite frankly, nobody gives a rats ass about HHH or Orton. The Shield could have grown even larger. Quite frankly, I think that most fans just wish that HHH and Stephanie would just go away. It's one thing for people to hate you...it's another thing entirely when you make people want to change the channel. That's how I feel about both of them - I literaly FF every time they show up on TV.

Reports are that they went with Rollins turning on Raw because of the poor ratings Raw was getting recently. It was all Vince's doing. Reports are it wasn't decided until Sunday, and it was kept a secret from everyone except those involved. The script everyone else was working with had Kane/Cena as the main event.

And regarding why it was Rollins instead of Ambrose, as you stated, it was too obvious to have Ambrose turned. Everyone was expecting it. This now sets up a potential Rollins/Ambrose feud, which could be fantastic. Those two put on some incredible matches in NXT. I think Rollins turning will also help to give depth to his character. Right now people just think of him as the "high flyer" guy of the Shield. By turning him, he now has the ability to show off more of his talent and charisma and become a more well rounded character.

Follow me on Twitter

Adam Rose is why the ratings have been bad. Between him and that idiot BoLieve I about throw up on my tv. What a disgrace to the old wrestling.

You are probably right. I have no idea as I haven't watched wrestling in ages, but he had fun with it. Apparently they didn't make it on tonight and it will be airing on Thursday on wwe network or something. Hes the jester if anyone catches it.

Brodus Clay, talk about a bunch of hype built up for absolutely nothing. None of the rest of them are any big loss either. I didn't realize Evan Bourne was even back in the first place.

there are tons of brodus clays. it seems like every year atleast 1 heavy weight wrestler comes in and get a big push and slowly fades, ryback / Tensai will be the next to be released and I am sure in 2 years rusov will be In the same boat.

If anyone in the wwe needs to be released it is sandow, his latest gimmick is embarrassing bad.

Adam Rose is why the ratings have been bad. Between him and that idiot BoLieve I about throw up on my tv. What a disgrace to the old wrestling.

interesting article that vince may be questioning rose already which is why he was left off of raw last week.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2094203-report-wwe-unhappy-with-adam-rose

They need to figure out what to do with Sandow. He is too good on the mic to get rid of. I loved it when he and Cody were feuding.

Adam Rose is a talented wrestler, but I haven't liked this gimmick or his previous one in NXT (Leo Kruger). I'm not sure what they can do to turn him around.

I am a BOLIEVER! I think this gimmick could go far. Delusional people entertain me. He has enough wrestling and speaking ability to be a great heel if they push this gimmick the correct way.

I wonder what they will do with Heath Slater now that his fellow 3MB members have been let go.

I wonder what they will do with Heath Slater now that his fellow 3MB members have been let go.

His best work was taking on a wwe legend on a weekly basis a few years ago. He is nothing more than a jobber but they have to have some plan for him if they would have kept him.

Brodus Clay, talk about a bunch of hype built up for absolutely nothing. None of the rest of them are any big loss either. I didn't realize Evan Bourne was even back in the first place.

there are tons of brodus clays. it seems like every year atleast 1 heavy weight wrestler comes in and get a big push and slowly fades, ryback / Tensai will be the next to be released and I am sure in 2 years rusov will be In the same boat.

If anyone in the wwe needs to be released it is sandow, his latest gimmick is embarrassing bad.

Gotta be honest...I thought Tensai was released months and months ago. Whoops.

I love Sandow and his shirts but he's being wasted.

Sandow being wasted is an understatement. He might be one of the best on the mic they have aside from Wyatt.

Sandow is in the upper tier of mic workers, but its hard to say who is the best/2nd best and so on. Here is a list of guys I feel are at the top of WWE.

Bad News Barrett

Bray Wyatt

Bo Dallas

CM Punk (I still expect him back before next year's WM)

Damien Sandow

Dean Ambrose

Dolph Ziggler

John Cena

Paul Heyman

Seth Rollins

Stephanie McMahon

Titus O'neil

Triple H

Zeb Colter

I tried to limit it down even more, but I really enjoy listening to all of these characters speak. Pure entertainment.

Sandow being wasted is an understatement. He might be one of the best on the mic they have aside from Wyatt.

Sandow is in the upper tier of mic workers, but its hard to say who is the best/2nd best and so on. Here is a list of guys I feel are at the top of WWE.

Bad News Barrett

Bray Wyatt

Bo Dallas

CM Punk (I still expect him back before next year's WM)

Damien Sandow

Dean Ambrose

Dolph Ziggler

John Cena

Paul Heyman

Seth Rollins

Stephanie McMahon

Titus O'neil

Triple H

Zeb Colter

I tried to limit it down even more, but I really enjoy listening to all of these characters speak. Pure entertainment.

1) Ric Flair WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...he doesn't even have to be there to be the best lol

2) Bray Wyatt

3) AJ Lee

4) Sandow

5) Seth Rollins

6) Dean Ambrose

7) Barrett

8) Stephanie

9) Vincent Kennedy McMahon

I wish they'd let Paige do some talking...she barely graces us with her presence and then poof shes gone lol :(

Archived