Brewer Fanatic

2014 Official Pro Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc).

patrickgpe

I have no idea what the plan is for either of these two going forward, but it just seemed very strange for me.

My thoughts are that we'll see a re-match next year which will be built up as the Undertaker getting his revenge. He'll win and then retire.

This comment has really nothing to do with Wrestlemania but the WWE in general. Remember when the Intercontinental title actually meant something? Now it's not even contested at Wrestlemania? How sad is that.

And as someone who admittedly has only recently started watching WWE again I thought this whole stupid thing with 2 separate world heavyweight champions was done. But Orton was always walking around with 2 belts. Now I assume Daniel Bryan will walk around with 2 belts? If the same person is always the champion what's the point of giving them two belts? Why retire one and build up the IC championship again?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have no idea what the plan is for either of these two going forward, but it just seemed very strange for me.

My thoughts are that we'll see a re-match next year which will be built up as the Undertaker getting his revenge. He'll win and then retire.

That's they way I felt about it too. But Taker is now 50, and he didn't look great last night. I don't follow wrestling a whole lot these days, but it's a tradition to go out to my wife's parents to watch Wrestlemania each year.

Enjoyed both matches with Daniel Bryan, though predictable, they were great, especially the headliner.

The Shield match was pretty quick, guessing the Bryan/Triple H match could've gone longer than planned, or maybe the intro? Hogan/Austin/Rock were out there for a good 25-30 minutes. It was entertaining, but a little long.

The Cena/Wyatt match was really REALLY drawn out and pretty boring in general.

The Diva match was a waste of time.

Shocked about Taker getting pinned, as was everyone else. If anyone put money on Lesnar, they cleaned up. Read something it was either 350-1 or 850-1? Betting on Wrestling is ridiculous to begin with though.

As others said, it was okay, not great. Coulda had a few better story lines.

The rumor I've seen online is that it's going to be Sting vs Undertaker at WM 31. No idea how accurate that is, but Sting sent out a tweet or something about "31 being his favorite number" and it's been rumored for awhile that he really only wanted to wrestle the Undertaker. While it could be cool, I'm really not looking forward to that, as both guys will be a solid 8-10 years beyond their prime. And Taker has looked pretty bad his last few WM matches. I really thought he would never lose though and the steak would live on forever. I was legitimately stunned when he lost. I'm also seeing that Taker went to the hospital immediately after the match ended. Not sure why...not sure if that changed the match plans or not. I doubt it as the match had pretty much run it's course but who knows.

I agree on the other titles. There are so few of them and they seem to be just completely irrelevant other then the main one. I don't get it, at all. Especially with more superstars these days, it's a way to give some mid-carder type guys a push but they just ignore it.

I rewatched the opening segment..it was entertaining but went on way too long for me. 20+ minutes of 3 guys kissing each others butts got kinda old. I thought Hogan would be more involved in the show than he was.

Also...for those curious about the WWE Network....I streamed it on there on my PS3 without issue. Couple of times the PPV froze for maybe 2-3 seconds, but that was it. I was a tad annoyed though that I as behind live footage by about 10 minutes (they let you pause it, rewind it, start it late from the beginning, etc), but when the PPV ended, my entire stream froze and it took me a good 10 minutes to figure out how to find it again, and then had to FF all the way to where I was. Minor flaw, but otherwise great. WM I think was 55 bucks, so I have to get $5 of usage out of the WWE network in the next 6 months....I'm loving it so far.

I was watching Raw last night. Man fans just HATE John Cena. They need to stop pushing him as a face and move him to a heel. He could be the most hated wrestler in the organization if done right. He could just go off on the fans for their lack of support and tell them that he's sick of trying to be the good guy when nobody likes him.

As far as the titles go. I remember when the IC title was reserved for the up and comers and would push them to the next level. Or it would be big name guys who just weren't in the world champion picture at the time. Guys like The Ultimate Warrior, Diesel, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels. The Rock, and HHH all had multiple IC reigns before hitting it big time and moving onto multiple heavyweight championship reigns. Now it's just like an after thought and something they throw at guys that they know will never get a chance at the heavyweight title. Speaking of Reigns I think Roman Reigns would be the perfect IC champion right now and would be a good way to move him away from the Shield and onto his own. Or honestly even give it to Brock Lesnar. I know he doesn't wrestle very often but if a big time superstar holds the belt for awhile it may bring some attention back to it.

Just saddened to find out Warrior has passed. Part of the reason I started watching wrestling was because of the Ultimate Warrior. Was pretty excited to find out he had signed a 2 year deal with the WWE. Watched RAW for the first time tonight, then jumping online to find out that Warrior has passed away makes that speech on RAW just really eerie.

R.I.P. Warrior

One Stop Shop For Cell Phone Accessories. Like US On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MR-Wireless/233579846693356

WWE network is blocked in China, finally gave in to find out what happened during wrestlemania as I don't return home until Thursday evening and it is already a week out.

Shocked about the warrior, atleast he got honored the way he deserved just days before his death.

I like what WWE is doing here, they have set up Bryan vs Lesnar at extreme rules. In addition Cesaro or Reins is definitely the next contender to get a title shot, finally some new blood in the title picture. While I do not like a part time wrestler breaking his streak, it gives creditability to Lesnar. Fans were not buying Bautista or Orton as the face of the company. It will be nice to get them out of the title picture for a bit, maybe the idea of them tagging up isn't that bad, the division really could use a shot in the arm after being strong for so long.

I thought I read somewhere that there was more than one ultimate warrior. I feel like that would be challenging to do, but I am not a huge wrestling buff.

There's been an urban legend in wrestling for years that there was more than one Ultimate Warrior. What actually happened is that he went on hiatus from WWF (early '90s), came back, and was a bit smaller due to not using steroids any longer (or at least as much). He also cut his hair and changed his look a bit. It was really the same guy all along, though.

Anyway, yet another one I grew up watching has passed on. How sad.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I'm curious to see what the cause of death is. His speech on Monday night about taking his last breathe and being a legend and all that just seems really really eerie right now. Not saying he did anything, but was he crazy enough to do that speech and then end it himself? I sure hope not but my mind keeps wandering back to that after his Raw appearance.

I'm curious to see what the cause of death is. His speech on Monday night about taking his last breathe and being a legend and all that just seems really really eerie right now. Not saying he did anything, but was he crazy enough to do that speech and then end it himself? I sure hope not but my mind keeps wandering back to that after his Raw appearance.[/quote

Sounds like it was probably a heart attack. Reports are he was walking outside his hotel yesterday and suddenly collapsed.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

On RAW, I think they cut away to crowd shots and the announcers, etc. while he was walking to the ring. I wonder if he needed help, or was really labored, etc. Plus, when he entered the ring, he did his signature "rope shake", and it was pretty slight.

In any case, it's shocking, as he was celebrated just this weekend, and we got a chance to see him back in the WWE.

Now in retrospect, his RAW speech was very poignant. I wonder if he knew the end was near.

We know Evolution won't last because the names are too big to all be in the same stable for very long. But man was that cool to see last night. Evolution was probably one of my three favorite stables of all time, along with DX and the Horsemen. Three man stables seem to be the thing now. Obviously you have the Shield and Wyatt Family. Evolution now. I'd be willing to guess they'll form some sort of stable under Heyman as well.

Anyone watch the Warrior best matches special tonight? Cool to see all the matches, but what I found really interesting is that during the show they were having wrestlers give their thoughts on the UW - HBK, Steamboat...and then Sting. Yes, that Sting. So I guess he's officially signed some sort of WWE contract, just a matter of time before he hits TV in some capacity I guess.

Anyone watch the Warrior best matches special tonight? Cool to see all the matches, but what I found really interesting is that during the show they were having wrestlers give their thoughts on the UW - HBK, Steamboat...and then Sting. Yes, that Sting. So I guess he's officially signed some sort of WWE contract, just a matter of time before he hits TV in some capacity I guess.

On Twitter they're saying it was simply "a friend remembering a friend", but it seems inevitable that they get something done.

I could see that if he had wrestled in the WWE before, but considering he never has and to this point has had zero association with the WWE, I find it very hard to believe that he would just randomly show up on something like that - especially considering it had a WWE logo next to his name on the screen. I think he's very clearly under contract already...I'm just surprised they gave away the secret on an event like that (though there aren't many secrets in WWE these days anyways).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived