Brewer Fanatic

2014 Official Pro Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc).

patrickgpe

Batista winning the Rumble is so incredibly stupid. If it's Batista vs. Orton, or Batista vs. Orton vs. Cena for the title at Wrestlemania, the fans in attendance are going to crap all over that match. And with the title unification, they've really written themselves into a corner.

Wyatt vs. Bryan was phenomenal, though. That flying Sister Abigail into the barricade was nuts.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aside from the Bryan/Wyatt match, this PPV was a steaming pile of crap. It sure seemed they muted out the crowd late in the Rumble match, and especially after Batista won. Reports are that Batista starting doing the "YES" chant after the PPV went of the air as well. Real nice...

Mick Foley might be the most vocal about the PPV. He tweeted: "Does @WWE actually hate their own audience? I've never been so disgusted with a PPV."

https://twitter.com/realmickfoley/status/427649348693147649

Wonder how long he'll be off TV for that.

Follow me on Twitter

Pretty bad overall. The tag titles change hands in the pre-show, to an old team that has only been back a month or so. Batista wins the RR despite having returned last week and not wrestling for 4-5 years. Cena/Orton sucked, but to once again have it end with interference is just getting super old.

The RR itself was ok, Reigns looked great. Shaemus came back but there were not other real surprises. The only old guy was Kevin Nash, but he's been around lately so that wasn't all that exciting. Just a pretty boring PPV top to bottom. And you're right, with only one title belt, it's almost certainly going to be Orton vs Batista at WM, and that's a match that I have virtually no interest in watching at all.

HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets just keep burying the guy who is crazy over to Triple H's buddies. At the rate we are going, we will see Kevin Nash win the WWE World Title before Daniel Bryan does. Getting tired of the same ole stuff week in and week out. The ONE bright note from the Rumble match was Roman Reigns. Finally, pushing a new guy hopefully. Break him off from the Shield and get him the WWE World Title picture after Wrestlemania.

One Stop Shop For Cell Phone Accessories. Like US On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MR-Wireless/233579846693356

You know the writing staff called an audible for last night's Raw after hearing the backlash reference D Bryan's absence from the Royal Rumble. I'm curious if they will actually go with a Batista vs. Daniel Bryan main event or if Orton or Cena will somehow get thrown in the mix.

I'm happy they are going to have a short feud between The Shield and the Wyatts before Roman Reigns eventual babyface turn. I'm also a little surprised they haven't started an angle between The Undertaker and whomever is going to be his Wrestlemania opponent. The kid in me wants to see Sting (complete with Crow makeup and outfit) vs. Taker, but I don't think it will happen.

You know the writing staff called an audible for last night's Raw after hearing the backlash reference D Bryan's absence from the Royal Rumble. I'm curious if they will actually go with a Batista vs. Daniel Bryan main event or if Orton or Cena will somehow get thrown in the mix.

Doubt it. They put Bryan in the Chamber to shut the crowds up for the next month and they're likely hoping that when Sheamus eventually screws Bryan at EC setting up their Mania match that the fans won't care enough anymore to hijack Mania.

Doubt it. They put Bryan in the Chamber to shut the crowds up for the next month and they're likely hoping that when Sheamus eventually screws Bryan at EC setting up their Mania match that the fans won't care enough anymore to hijack Mania.

Yeah they would probably do something dumb like have Sheamus win with a brogue kick in 18 seconds or something. Oh wait...

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

If Bryan gets screwed at EC, especially by Sheamus, and the Wrestlemania XXX title match remains Orton/Batista, I think the fans will full on revolt at Wrestlemania. Pittsburgh will have looked like child's play. Wresltlemania XXX will be remembered, like WWE wants, but not for the reason it wants.

Bryan is rumored to be facing Sheamus at WM XXX (Yawn. Don't care much for Sheamus). But after last night's Raw, I wonder if they are setting up a Bryan/HHH match. As much as I'd like to see Punk/HHH (how weird was it Punk was absent from and not even mentioned on Raw?), I think Bryan/HHH would be good, so long as Bryan goes over HHH.

Follow me on Twitter

That is actually a decent possibility, it seems Punk may be gone now so a Bryan/HHH match would make sense. There would be a lot of heat on HHH for the match which could create a good atmosphere. Of course they still have the problem of a poor main event.

Punk can't just disappear can he? Unless he's hurt, it makes no sense at this time. I would think he has to wind up wrestling either Kane or HHH at WrestleMania. Not that it will matter, HHH's ego will get in the way of him putting over anyone. That's really the only explanation for the current status - ie, all his buddies holding titles.

Punk can't just disappear can he? Unless he's hurt, it makes no sense at this time. I would think he has to wind up wrestling either Kane or HHH at WrestleMania. Not that it will matter, HHH's ego will get in the way of him putting over anyone. That's really the only explanation for the current status - ie, all his buddies holding titles.

Rumors/reports are circulating that Punk has walked out on the WWE after he told the company he was going home and not coming back. Those same reports say he is no longer part of WWE's plans.

I thought it seemed strange that he was not only absent from Raw, but his name wasn't even mentioned on the show from what I remembered. His contract ends in July and he's always said he wants to leave on his own terms. We shall see what happens.

If this is all true, I really want to see Bryan/HHH at Mania.

Follow me on Twitter

Rumors/reports are circulating that Punk has walked out on the WWE after he told the company he was going home and not coming back. Those same reports say he is no longer part of WWE's plans.

I thought it seemed strange that he was not only absent from Raw, but his name wasn't even mentioned on the show from what I remembered. His contract ends in July and he's always said he wants to leave on his own terms. We shall see what happens.

If this is all true, I really want to see Bryan/HHH at Mania.

Huh. Guess I missed that. I don't really scan the wrestling rumors these days. That would certainly be odd. Kinda sucks too, I actually liked him.

Edit: I see it now...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1940411-wwe-news-cm-punk-pulled-from-all-wwe-live-dates-going-forward

He's said the only think he has left to accomplish is main event Mania. He wasn't going to do that this year, and it seems the only people Vince/HHH put in the top spot are those who leave and then come back, so Punk probably figures he can leave, come back next year and get that elusive Mania main event spot...

He's said the only think he has left to accomplish is main event Mania. He wasn't going to do that this year, and it seems the only people Vince/HHH put in the top spot are those who leave and then come back, so Punk probably figures he can leave, come back next year and get that elusive Mania main event spot...

I have no problem with him leaving if that's what he feels he needs to do. I just find it odd that he did it in the middle of a contract like that. I don't think WWE is going to appreciate that very much. If he really wanted to leave, you think he could have done it more professionally and at least let them right him off TV in some way. I hope he finds his way back, I always liked him, both in the ring and on the mic.

Stuff like this has happened before. Stone Cold even walked out in the summer of 2002, because he refused to job to Lesnar on Raw. He was gone for a solid 8 months until he finally resolved things with Vince. Then he had his match at WrestleMania 19 with The Rock and called it a career. He says now that this was the one decision he deeply regrets in his wrestling career. Can't say I blame him though, or Punk. Batista coming back and getting to headline WrestleMania when he's clearly not in wrestling shape yet is ridiculous. He was clearly winded after being in the Rumble match for 5-10 minutes. Him being on WrestleMania is fine, but the guys who have been there for the whole year busting ass are the ones who should be main eventing WrestleMania. The Rock crapped out conditioning wise about halfway into his match with Cena when he first came back. The same thing will happen with Batista. Then there's the fact that the crowd will be completely against him too. If Batista/Orton goes on last, it will be an absolute disaster.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

It certainly could be a work. Though it feels different this time. That said, as a fan, I find bringing guys back on a part-time basis and putting them in main events to be ridiculous. I can't imagine how I'd feel if I was an actual wrestler that works all year and then gets snubbed by PT guys like Batista or Lesnar. The Rock was a bit different, mainly because I think the fans wanted to see him, even for a match or two. Nobody cares about Batista. Bringing him back to win the RR in his first week was just stupid. Personally, I do hope they go with Orton/Batista in the main event, last match at WM. I'd pay money just to see that debacle unfold.

It's really tough to tell as the line between fantasy and reality is almost impossible to tell in the world of pro wrestling.

I think the Bryan/Foley reactions to the Royal Rumble are more likely a work than this.

Punk has been yet another victim of the unified title scene. A program with Kane followed by maybe having to job to HHH at Wrestlemania, a year after having to job to the Rock? Yah, I bet he's pissed/frustrated. Punk also said on last week's Ariel Helwani MMA podcast that the only reason he still watches wrestling anymore is because he's wrestling. He sounded fed up. But you never know.

How miserable must Punk be if he is willing to walk away before his big WrestleMania paycheck? Ironically, according to the Wrestling Observer, one of the reasons why Punk has been so unhappy is the launch of the WWE Network. He is concerned that the network will cut into the wrestler's PPV bonuses.

http://www.sescoops.com/wwe-holding-day-creative-meetings-thursday-friday/

i don't think they would be having 2 day emergency meetings with everything on table if this was fake. I think punk has a decent gripe with how the WWE has handled business over the last 3 years.

He certainly does have a gripe and for the most part he's right too. But why would WWE care? They've shown in the past that they don't and since the kiddies keep cheering for Cena they really don't have to change.

Archived