Brewer Fanatic

2014 Official Pro Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc).

patrickgpe

plans for WWE network announced yesterday. seems like a good deal and something i'd get. 9.99 a month and includes ALL pay-per-views including wrestlemania.

seems like this is a big risk / reward situation. they are effectively decreasing their PPV price to a 1/6 of what it is. Will make it available to way more people like myself that refuses in most cases to pay that.

-----

Continued from:

viewtopic.php?p=870942#p870942

Original Lead:

viewtopic.php?t=25550

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will give it a try, have to do 6 months to get WrestleMania for free but it is worth it for me because I like watching 80's WWF and it appears every WWF PPV and hundreds of hours of on demand programs will be available. In regards to their risk, I agree it is high risk/reward but the cable companies were already taking a big chunk of the PPV amount.

I wonder if that will ever change. It sounds like a fantastic deal, and I'd use it to watch some smaller PPV's but for the better ones (WM, SS, RR), there's usually a bunch of us that get together and I feel like we'd order it anyway. I know I can stream my laptop but it gives me a headache to do that unfortunately.

Think of it as Netflix with both live content and on-demand shows. If the network was going to be strictly for the PC or Android/IOS, I was going to pass on it. Once I heard I could get it on my big screen through my PS3, I was all in.

I'd be crazy not to give this a try for at least the 6 months. As long as WWE doesn't have any streaming problems when watching the live PPVs meaning mostly Wrestlemania. Then the WWE Network should be the next big thing.
One Stop Shop For Cell Phone Accessories. Like US On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MR-Wireless/233579846693356

interesting end to RAW. the wyatt family kidnapped Kane. Kane creates a steel cage match where he only has to the key only for his former tag team partner to revert back to Daniel Bryan. Could team hell no be back together? Seems obvious but who knows if creative actually thought of this?

I'd bet on this coming to Apple TV too. From pcmag.com:

Under the seats at the WWE launch event, WWE stashed Apple TVs and Chromecasts, neither of which were mentioned during the event, although WWE exec Stephanie McMahon talked about a platform she was forbidden from naming, which we all interpreted to mean was the Apple TV.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Think of it as Netflix with both live content and on-demand shows. If the network was going to be strictly for the PC or Android/IOS, I was going to pass on it. Once I heard I could get it on my big screen through my PS3, I was all in.

Wait....it can be streamed live through PS3?? That could make it much better for me. I think I'll actually have to consider this.

WWE has a FAQ on the new network here. It's kind of hard to pass up for $9.99 a month. I was imagining something closer to $29.95 a month.

As for last night's Raw, the moment at the end with Daniel Bryan was really great (JR called it "Austin-esque"), but I found it bizarre to see them end the Bryan-Wyatt story so quickly. I thought there was great potential there, and if they could have made it last to the Rumble, the moment that occurred last night could have been that much better in PPV environment, with the added benefit of giving the Usos even more rub.

Ah, well. I just hope this isn't a bad sign for the Wyatts.

I can see the WWE network is 9.99 with a 6 month commitment, but what is it after that? I can't seem to find anything. Seems like that's a promo rate (much like DirecTV gives stuff to new costumers), then after that 6 months, it would seem to me that the price will jump. But I can't find anything stating one way or another.

It's a shame the WWE didn't sign the American Pitbulls, erm, Wolves, but then again they would have just gotten lost in the quagmire that is the WWE's refusal to invest in the tag division. Doubt Richards' attitude would have stayed positive very long anyway. Hey, at least when TNA runs out of money, Edwards can always go back to ROH and Richards has... Evolve?

There aren't too many bridges that Davey hasn't burned yet. He and Teddy Hart have too much in common. I read the reason that the WWE passed on Eddie/Davey is because during their match on NXT with The Ascension, Davey ignored HHH's signal to wrap up the match after he earlier landed on his head. I guess you can't blame the WWE for passing on them.

On the other hand, the WWE for some unknown reason passed on signing Ricochet. The reason being tossed around is that he is too small and they have others on the roster who can do the same things he can. There is nobody on the roster who can do Ricochet's double rotation moonsault.

You may be right on Batista, I just wish they hadn't ruined it by bringing him back early. Granted, people likely would have found out beforehand, but why announce he's coming back and all that? Why not just have him show up at the RR?

I also wish the Daniel Bryant/Wyatt storyline had carried on further, at least until the RR or Elimination Chamber. They did the storyline well, but it ended way too fast. That type of thing should have happened on a PPV.

I also wish the Daniel Bryant/Wyatt storyline had carried on further, at least until the RR or Elimination Chamber. They did the storyline well, but it ended way too fast. That type of thing should have happened on a PPV.

If rumors are to be believed, WWE saw how the "YES" chant had become mainstream, due in large part to the Michigan State student section, and backtracked quickly. Since then, the MSU student section regularly chants "YES" during when the opposing team is shooting free throws now. Here's a clip of that

Daniel Bryan even admits that this may have been the reason for the quick turnaround. In this link, there is a video interview with Daniel Bryan embedded. Go to around the 2:30 mark and he discusses it there.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/446861-daniel-bryan-talks-the-wyatt-family

Not only this, but it's also rumored that WWE saw how well DB's merch was selling, how many kids were wearing it and now looked confused. In the end, it's all about making Vince money.

Of course, no one really knows for sure why it happened. With that said, I thought it was a dumb move to put Bryan with the Wyatt's from the onset.

Follow me on Twitter

Archived