Brewer Fanatic

Question About MLB.tv Subscriptions....[NOTE: MLB.TV subscription auto-renewals occur 2.28.15; see post #68]

Brewer Fanatic Staff

I've got a question into them, but, in the meantime -- am I missing something, or is it annoying that the MLB At Bat app provides archived video, but not audio?

Particularly for a weekday matinee, maybe I'd like to listen to the audio archive on the drive home or while doing evening yard work...

First world problems, I realize...

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone having trouble streaming mlb.tv over wifi? I've tried several devices and it's not working on any of them. It is working on my cell phone when using 4G though.

I figure it's something with my wifi. Just ran a speed test and it's pulling 49.88 mbps so that shouldn't be an issue. Is there anything else I can check as far as wifi settings go? Very frustrated...

Is anyone having trouble streaming mlb.tv over wifi? I've tried several devices and it's not working on any of them. It is working on my cell phone when using 4G though.

I figure it's something with my wifi. Just ran a speed test and it's pulling 49.88 mbps so that shouldn't be an issue. Is there anything else I can check as far as wifi settings go? Very frustrated...

I have been a subscriber for a long time and they always have issues in the first week or two of the season. It's always frustrating.

A few more buffers than I'd like, but not too bad using the Fire TV. They've added in game box scores to the app since last season. That's one check, but still lacking audio overlay, picture in picture, highlight clips, or anything else that the browser version or At Bat app have.

This is my 4th season as a subscriber and there have always been the occasional buffering issues but this is the first time I've been completely unable to stream a game.

I'm on the help forum and it looks like a lot of other subscribers are having similar problems. I appear to be the only one that can stream over 4G though.

Well, this is definitely an issue on mlb.tv's end. A fellow Brewer fan provided me with a workaround on their forum.

If you're having problems streaming on your laptop, try this:

-Wait for the video to load to 100%

-Once the black screen comes up, click the single view with PIP option.

-Once the game loads, click back on the single view option.

At least this is on their end and not mine. Hopefully they fix this soon. Wanted to watch tonight on the big screen but I guess the laptop is better than the cell phone.

I was unable to watch or even listen to yesterday's game on multiple devices. However, every other game loaded and played just fine. I called tech support and they in essence told me to hang up without providing support. I have put in an email to mlb support, but I doubt I'll hear a response. I'm used to the games being slow the first couple weeks but I was shocked that it was only the brewer game not working (both brewer and rockies feeds failed to load).

If it happens again, test with other games to see if its just our feed or all of mlb.tv / your internet having problems.

Archived