Brewer Fanatic

Tony Plush coming back to the states

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10242405/nyjer-morgan-covets-mlb-spot-japan-stint

Outfielder Nyjer Morgan, who attracted a following and agitated opponents through his fast-talking, high-energy alter ego "Tony Plush,'' is pursuing jobs in Major League Baseball along with a possible return to Japan after spending the 2013 season with the Yokohama DeNa BayStars, his agent said Saturday.

Morgan hit .294 with 11 home runs in 108 games with Yokohama in Japan's Central League in 2013, but recently switched agents and is now represented by Team One and Millennium Sports.

Jonathan Maurer, one of Morgan's new agents, said he's had a dialogue with 6-8 clubs that have expressed interest in signing the outfielder.

"I just figure we're entertainers,'' Morgan said in a 2011 interview with ESPN.com. "We're on one of the biggest stages. Trust me, if I was batting .202, I wouldn't be doing the [expletive] I'm doing.''

His fan base now includes the Japanese and it's growing. Let's sign him.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Why waste time signing a backup outfielder when that's one of the few positions we're deep at?

Agreed, plus, to be honest, his act was getting old.

Glad for his time here in Milwaukee, but his page was turned, let's leave it that way.

Just another example of an ex brewer that someone wants to bring back...I just don't get it. Who is next Capuano?

ESPN's Buster Olney reports that free agent left-hander Chris Capuano is looking for a two-year contract.

Capuano hasn't found a taker yet, but he's willing to wait for the right situation to develop. The 35-year-old left-hander posted a 4.26 ERA and 81/24 K/BB ratio in 105 2/3 innings last season with the Dodgers.

Source: Buster Olney on Twitter

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Why waste time signing a backup outfielder when that's one of the few positions we're deep at?

Because he brings entertainment and money to the Brewers franchise and he's a better backup than anybody we have on the roster for the OF. He is the type of player that will always find a new way to entertain.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Because he brings entertainment and money to the Brewers franchise and he's a better backup than anybody we have on the roster for the OF. He is the type of player that will always find a new way to entertain.

Schafer is younger, cheaper and a better outfielder. He also doesn't bring the baggage that Morgan would. Morgan was a better hitter than him at one point but not anymore. Highly doubt that Morgan could bring in more money at this stage in his declining career than the gap in the two salaries.

Schafer could be used as trade bait. Someone suggested that Boston is looking for a CF, and they have Carp without a position. If that happens, they are without a backup CF. Either way, Morgan is likely to get only a minor league deal. It wouldn't be any risk to bring him to spring training.

As others have said, I hope the "Morgan/Plush days" are in the past.

Tell me about Elian Herrera. If Schafer was traded, is Herrera a good enough option to back-up center field?

If we keep both Weeks and Gennett on the 25-man roster, we may need a super utility guy like Herrera.

Bench

Maldonado

Halton

Gindl

Herrera

Weeks

(Sorry to take this so far off-topic)

As others have said, I hope the "Morgan/Plush days" are in the past.

Tell me about Elian Herrera. If Schafer was traded, is Herrera a good enough option to back-up center field?

If we keep both Weeks and Gennett on the 25-man roster, we may need a super utility guy like Herrera.

Bench

Maldonado

Halton

Gindl

Herrera

Weeks

(Sorry to take this so far off-topic)

Gindl's a better CF, per comments made by Roenicke & Melvin from previous ST's.

Schafer could be used as trade bait. Someone suggested that Boston is looking for a CF, and they have Carp without a position. If that happens, they are without a backup CF. Either way, Morgan is likely to get only a minor league deal. It wouldn't be any risk to bring him to spring training.

If a medium to big trade is pulled off one of our CF's are going in the package. That frees up room for a Morgan type move. I love him. People actually followed the Brewers WAY more closely just to see what he would do next. Nobody ever follows the Brewers! He gave mlb network a boner. I like him and the attention; especially since I see the Brewers competing for the division next season.

If a medium to big trade is pulled off one of our CF's are going in the package.

Do you have any evidence of this, or are you just speculating, hoping your boy comes back? You sound a little sure of yourself...

If a medium to big trade is pulled off one of our CF's are going in the package.

Do you have any evidence of this, or are you just speculating, hoping your boy comes back? You sound a little sure of yourself...

It's speculation he tries to pass off as fact.

It's speculation he tries to pass off as fact.

No. There's just a high probability.

HIGH probability based on what? Your opinion? If this is based on your opinion, please say so, don't try and pass your opinions off as some kind of inside informational facts...

HIGH probability based on what? Your opinion? If this is based on your opinion, please say so, don't try and pass your opinions off as some kind of inside informational facts...

When other mlb teams see how many CF's you honestly don't think that will be the first things they inquire about? CF is 1 of 2 premium position the other is SS.

Other than Gomez, who would be considered one of the CF that so many teams would love to have? Are you saying that Schaefer would be considered a premium type CF?

It is all opinion really, but it needs to be stated as opinion, not as fact.

Other than Gomez, who would be considered one of the CF that so many teams would love to have? Are you saying that Schaefer would be considered a premium type CF?

It is all opinion really, but it needs to be stated as opinion, not as fact.

Schafer, Tyrone taylor, Gindl Gomez etc.. They don't have to be premium at all. Teams view players even with an average to below average bat in CF with good defense and upside to be a must have player. They aren't that common.

I didn't mean to state it as fact, but now you know I'm very confident.

Caleb Gindl should not be viewed as a center fielder. He can fill in there, but he doesn't have the speed to chase down anything hit in the gaps without playing back too far. Maybe not Kotsay-bad, but not that far off.

I sincerely doubt any MLB team views Logan Schafer as a candidate to start in CF. He was given 337 PA and just barely managed to keep his OPS over 600, and it's not like he's a burner on the basepaths. He plays good defense, but for the most part there are two different kinds of backup outfielders: those who can hit but not play defense, and those who can play defense but can't hit. Schafer would be the latter.

Archived