Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2014)

Invader3K
  • Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I should clarify on the above post. This didn't happen to anyone in my family, but a friend of my high school daughter just committed suicide this past weekend. Not a close friend, but a friend none the less, and she is having a hard time dealing with it...
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

What is with weather.com's obsession with death?

Before I get a bunch of replies about how weather.gov is a much better weather site...I agree. However, I still occasionally go to weather.com because I like to compare 7-10 day forecasts from different sites. Seems like there is always some story they want you to click on about a bride or groom dying right after their wedding or a teenager dying after competing in a sporting event or something. How is any of this weather related?

Weather is boring. Car crashes and explosions get clicks.

To add to the "You stole what?" conversation. Someone not only stole the $10 plastic cover I had on my outdoor AC unit but also stole the rock I had sitting on top to weight it down. Really?

It was the racoons.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

To add to the "You stole what?" conversation. Someone not only stole the $10 plastic cover I had on my outdoor AC unit but also stole the rock I had sitting on top to weight it down. Really?

Are you sure they didn't open it up and steal parts?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

The rock is part of the aesthetics. Makes the whole room come together.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

If someone actually opened up my unit and stole parts out of it I am going to be so pissed. I hadn't even thought of that; I will check tonight.

I just don't understand what would motivate anyone to steal an AC unit cover that costs $10 at Menards. Hell you could probably just use a heavy duty garbage bag. People are awful.

Not too proud of myself. Was kind of having a rather lousy day...had a series of work issues followed by a fairly major technology failure at one of our locations. I got extremely angry and spiked my cell phone, shattering the screen. Barely had this phone over a month and now the screen looks like trash. Phone still seems to work. Can't really do anything about it unless I want to pay $700 for a new phone.

Just really disappointed in myself and my lack of restraint.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Not too proud of myself. Was kind of having a rather lousy day...had a series of work issues followed by a fairly major technology failure at one of our locations. I got extremely angry and spiked my cell phone, shattering the screen. Barely had this phone over a month and now the screen looks like trash. Phone still seems to work. Can't really do anything about it unless I want to pay $700 for a new phone.

Wow, that sucks man but it happens. Sometimes you just need to get some frustrations out. Next time I'd go for a coffee cup or something. Much easier to replace :)

Hope today is a better day!

Wow, that sucks man but it happens. Sometimes you just need to get some frustrations out. Next time I'd go for a coffee cup or something. Much easier to replace :)

Hope today is a better day!

Yeah, everything just kind of boiled over in one moment. It was stupid on my part and I learned my lesson.

Hoping to find somewhere that can do a repair on the phone. If not, I'll just live with it for the next 18-24 months.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

My buddy does that kind of work, replaces/fixes smart phones. He is down here in STL. If you can't find a place local, let me know. I'm sure shipping it down here would be better than dealing with it for 2 years.

My buddy does that kind of work, replaces/fixes smart phones. He is down here in STL. If you can't find a place local, let me know. I'm sure shipping it down here would be better than dealing with it for 2 years.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

I got extremely angry and spiked my cell phone, shattering the screen.

That's what pens are for. I go through 2 or 3 a week on average.

I need to keep more pens handy then.

In all seriousness, I was able to get it fixed today in Madison. Found a shop that had a replacement screen in stock, and they got it done in about two hours. An expensive lesson for me but, at least I didn't have to buy a new phone.

I just realized that I am the same age that Harvey Kuenn was when he was managing the Brewers in 1982.

He was a physical wreck who looked about 15 years older than he was, but still. . .

I just realized that I am the same age that Harvey Kuenn was when he was managing the Brewers in 1982.

He was a physical wreck who looked about 15 years older than he was, but still. . .

I misread your post at first Jim. I thought you were saying that you and Harvey Kuenn were the same age. Since I believe I'm about the same age as you, I had to look that up. Then it dawned on my what you were saying (that you are the same age now that Kuenn was back in 1982).

But Yeah, he looked a lot older than he was. Having a prosthetic leg didn't help.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I am 28 years older than Jed Bradley, to the day. . . 6/12/62.

The benefit is that I've been a Brewers fan since 1970, though looking at pics of Kuenn makes me realize that I'm not young.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a habit of hanging my two baseball caps on the top corner of the kitchen door, largely because I don’t have anywhere to hang it, as the other hooks are taken up by the kids. Last night I got a light scolding from my wife about how much she hates that and she stuffed my hats into a shoe rack in the closet.

Yet, just now I’m noticing that she has a bag hanging from the basement door knob, a jacket and bag hanging on the closet door knob, a bag hanging from the pantry door knob, and a pair of pajama bottoms hanging on the bathroom door knob.

Guess I just need to hang my hat on a door knob.

My kids are at the age when a bounce house is a magical magnet. They are 2 and 4 and inevitably they will be happily bouncing around and falling down until some 12+ year old boy runs in and starts flying about aggressively knocking over all the little kids or scaring them while some oblivious parent watches. I feel like I am going to be that parent that gets the cops called on him because I am going to reach in and drag the little punk out by the ankle, that or I am going to get into a shouting match with some parent about the inability of their kid to understand a small bounce house filled with toddlers and small children isn't the best place for their 100 lb kid and his friends to spaz out in.

Along with bouncy houses I'm going to include playgrounds. My daughter is nearly 3 and is getting the ability to play on bigger structures, and I'm really surprised how many kids in the 11-12 year old range or older play on them as well. They completely ignore everyone else who is playing on the structure, and eventually some little kid like my daughter is going to get hurt. Yes, there are those who will say my kid is too little to play on the structures and I am at fault, but I disagree.

Archived