Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2014)

Invader3K
Why do the sandwich artists at subway continue to stack the vegetables in the center of the sandwich instead of spreading them out the entire length of the sandwich?

It is unbelievable that a task as simple at that can't be completed by 50% of of the people who work there. Is that not common sense?

Who are you to question art?!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why do the sandwich artists at subway continue to stack the vegetables in the center of the sandwich instead of spreading them out the entire length of the sandwich?

It is unbelievable that a task as simple at that can't be completed by 50% of of the people who work there. Is that not common sense?

They're supposed to spread them out over the length of the sandwich. If you've seen a pattern of it happening, you should write a complaint email to Subway.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

They're supposed to spread them out over the length of the sandwich. If you've seen a pattern of it happening, you should write a complaint email to Subway.

I've actually asked them to spread them out, and sometimes they look at me like I'm just being a pain, sometimes they just say "sure" and appease me.

My Mom used to manage a Subway, she can't believe that I see this so often, but I do...

Again, isn't it just common sense. I don't think I'd have to be trained to know to spread them out. I always wonder if when they make their own sandwich to take with them or whatever, do they pile up all THEIR ingredients in the middle? I bet they don't. I bet they spread them out...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I've actually asked them to spread them out, and sometimes they look at me like I'm just being a pain, sometimes they just say "sure" and appease me.

My Mom used to manage a Subway, she can't believe that I see this so often, but I do...

Again, isn't it just common sense. I don't think I'd have to be trained to know to spread them out. I always wonder if when they make their own sandwich to take with them or whatever, do they pile up all THEIR ingredients in the middle? I bet they don't. I bet they spread them out...

I cannot say I have ever seen that. I have however, seen the worker load up the sauce while putting the meatballs on. Needless to say, that sub was impossible to eat because of the sogginess of the bread.

I have never had that problem at Subway. Time to go to a different one. Shouldn't be hard they are practically everywhere. Either that or go to a good sub shop like Jimmy Johns.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

i managed a Subway for a lot of years. if you don't put the vegetables in the center of the sandwich they tend to fall out when you close it. some of it also has to do with the experience of the worker--an experienced one would be able to do a better job of spreading out the toppings. How to tell an experienced Subway worker from a new one? tell them all the toppings you want at once--if they remember it all, they've been around for a while. i often would ask customers to do that because nothing slows up a line more than a customer who asks for one topping, waits for me to put it on, and then asks for the next one.

----------------------------

not bugging me: had a phone interview this morning for a job that i want and i have previous experience at every job duty. the experience should play well since they'll be shortstaffed.

bugging me: i asked if he had any reservations about my application that i hadn't addressed. "No, everything was great, although you forgot to sign the application form." cripes. and if it were a 'no big deal' kind of thing, he probably wouldn't have mentioned it. and there were 10 other parks i applied to, meaning i probably also forgot to sign those, so of course now i wonder if that got my application booted from those places on any "if it's not signed we can't accept the application" rule. edit: yep, "unsigned applications will not be processed." dangit. still technically time to re-apply, though.

I've complained about wedding stuff earlier in the thread but I think this takes the cake:

My cousin and his wife are getting divorced. Apparently she thought it was ok to have a boyfriend as well as a husband. My cousin is standing up in my wedding. The reception will be the same place that his was, with the same caterer and DJ, and a lot of the same people, and only 2 days away from what would have been their wedding anniversary.

Only a few people know about the divorce and no one has said anything to me yet but I kind of feel like I would be making him re-live his wedding the way we currently have it planned.

yeah, i wouldn't concern yourself too much. he knows the focus is on you two and if he starts feeling down i'm sure he'll have enough consideration to go outside and separate himself from everyone else. but i suppose if he's completely out of it and couldn't handle it (understandable), that unless he's your Best Man, you could offer to let him step out of his role.

I've complained about wedding stuff earlier in the thread but I think this takes the cake:

Nice. I see what you did there, even if it was unintentional. ;)

It's good of you to realize that the day might be tough for your cousin. Offering him an out if he needs it seems like a thoughtful gesture.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Please don't turn your cell phone ringer on full blast (and ultra annoying) and then leave it in your cubicle and walk away for half an hour.

This public service announcement has been brought to you by one really crabby, easily annoyed cubie dweller. Carry on. . .

Nice. I see what you did there, even if it was unintentional. ;)

It's good of you to realize that the day might be tough for your cousin. Offering him an out if he needs it seems like a thoughtful gesture.

Wasn't on purpose and it's even more fitting because we (she) haven't picked a cake yet.

Yesterday was one of those days at my job where I was thinking I have 300 business cards from folks in my business sitting in my desk and I could have a new job in a month so why am I putting up with this crap. Sometimes people in management positions can be complete [expletive deleted] and really have no idea how much they depend on everyone else to make them look good.

Wasn't on purpose and it's even more fitting because we (she) haven't picked a cake yet.

i've heard CostCo makes a terrific sheet cake. stick a He-Man and Wonder Woman action figure on there and i'd say you're good.

Please don't turn your cell phone ringer on full blast (and ultra annoying) and then leave it in your cubicle and walk away for half an hour.

This public service announcement has been brought to you by one really crabby, easily annoyed cubie dweller. Carry on. . .

In case no one knew, it doesn't help if you set the phone to vibrate and then leave it on a hard surface (like a desk or table), because the hard surface amplifies the vibration noise.

Also, all of this counts doubly in a library.

I work about 30 feet from a guy who likes to do this. Further, his ringtone is the opening notes of 'Old Time Rock N Roll'...

About five years ago, my library had a (too) frequent visitor whose ringtone was a loud piercing bird caw. CAW!

On the day he was arrested for using the library computers to chat with young girls (yes, really), I used Facebook to express my relief, because that CAW! had gone away. I mean, usually when patrons get in legal trouble for misusing our computers (which thankfully isn't daily but is occasional), we're relieved that there's one less skanky dude on our turf. That the CAW! was the first thing I and my employees thought of indicates how bad that ringtone was.

About five years ago, my library had a (too) frequent visitor whose ringtone was a loud piercing bird caw. CAW!

On the day he was arrested for using the library computers to chat with young girls (yes, really), I used Facebook to express my relief, because that CAW! had gone away. I mean, usually when patrons get in legal trouble for misusing our computers (which thankfully isn't daily but is occasional), we're relieved that there's one less skanky dude on our turf. That the CAW! was the first thing I and my employees thought of indicates how bad that ringtone was.

Dare I say, that was two birds with one's tone.

(runs away quickly and ducks the flying tomatoes)

Dare I say, that was two birds with one's tone.

(runs away quickly and ducks the flying tomatoes)

Ok that was too good! Haha.

Geez..you would think if he was engaging in that type of activity on a public computer that he would try to remain discreet and not have a ring tone that called attention to him.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Well, he lacked the common sense to avoid cruising chat boards pretending to be a teenage girl, so why would he have mustered the common sense to avoid a ridiculous ringtone?

This isn't even the creepiest guy who has frequented my library...which is pretty sad.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
See the winter weather thread.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived