Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2014)

Invader3K
  • Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I started Manziel in the semis of my fantasy league, thinking he had a higher floor, and that floor ended up being 0. Should have gone with the old trusty Joe Flacco. Could cost me a good chunk of money, depending on what happens tonight.

Yeah...I had C. Newton, so I had to pick up another QB for the semi's as well. I actually picked up two, E. Manning and Manziel. Thankfully, I resisted the urge to start Manziel and now I'm going against my son in the championship game next week.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Maroon 5. They are just absolutely awful.

Agreed, and have always felt the same way about Dave Matthews Band. I guess I just never "got it." Was forced to see them in concert once, almost fell asleep, and left half-way through. First time I've ever done that at a concert, movie, or sporting event.

Agreed, and have always felt the same way about Dave Matthews Band. I guess I just never "got it." Was forced to see them in concert once, almost fell asleep, and left half-way through. First time I've ever done that at a concert, movie, or sporting event.

+1

I have a couple of friends who think Dave Matthews is God, I don't get it either...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

+1

I have a couple of friends who think Dave Matthews is God, I don't get it either...

I find Dave Matthews tolerable in the sense that he was really popular when I was in grade school and I have a soft spot in my heart for the music of that time. That's about it though.

Had an employee resign on Tuesday afternoon (two week notice) to go a direct competitor right down the street with us. OK, fine...more money, things change, I get it. Never gave me a chance to counter offer, but oh well. Then the same person emailed me yesterday to ask if she could take a vacation starting on what would have been today, through the 26th, which was supposed to be her final day. We're a small company...I need to interview, hire, and train her replacement.

Yeah, that request didn't exactly sit well for me. I guess she did get her vacation, just a bit earlier than she expected.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

That reminds me of an unpleasant work experience I had a while back.

My library sustained a bunch of layoffs in 2002. The union contract in place at the time (and let's keep this from being political; in this instance it's just a fact that the thing existed) allowed laid-off people to bump those with less seniority. One colleague decided to bump the other professional in my department. Behold this timeline:

Day before the layoffs took effect: Bumper asked our supervisor if she could have the first week of her "new" job off to deal with the stress of being laid off. Supervisor said yes. (To be fair, supervisor asked my opinion first.)

The two weeks following bumper's "stress" vacation: I attempted to train her for my department. I use the word "try" because her attendance was erratic, which is rather problematic when running a public service point. Supervisor was on his own vacation during the second of these two weeks.

Last day of the two weeks of attempted training: I emailed supervisor a summary of bumper's comings and goings and asked for help.

The following Monday morning: Bumper notifies me that she's finalized her plans to transfer to a job at a different library. She said she was available to "help" (my air quotes) in my department the rest of that week, then was taking more vacation before she transferred. She also told me how much she appreciated my introducing her to my department's work, and said she looked forward to including it *on her resume.*

I declined her offer of "help" for the rest of that week because I was that eager to never interact with her again. I did eventually get a colleague again (someone else laid off was given the chance to return), and staffing has been stable ever since. But productivity-wise, it was a lost two months for me. Way to be professional, bumper!

Random addendum to keep this story Brewerfan-relevant: In the midst of all this was that 2002 All-Star week, featuring the all-star tie. At least I still got to attend that.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Had an employee resign on Tuesday afternoon (two week notice) to go a direct competitor right down the street with us. OK, fine...more money, things change, I get it. Never gave me a chance to counter offer, but oh well. Then the same person emailed me yesterday to ask if she could take a vacation starting on what would have been today, through the 26th, which was supposed to be her final day. We're a small company...I need to interview, hire, and train her replacement.

Yeah, that request didn't exactly sit well for me. I guess she did get her vacation, just a bit earlier than she expected.

That happens a lot.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

That happens a lot.

Yeah, it's just never quite happened to me in this fashion. The funny thing is that she didn't get why I didn't appreciate her request.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Xmas shopping. It's not fun buying gift cards for everyone, but I have no idea what else to get people. "Here's something that turns cash that can be spent anywhere into cash that can only be spent in one place."
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Xmas shopping. It's not fun buying gift cards for everyone, but I have no idea what else to get people. "Here's something that turns cash that can be spent anywhere into cash that can only be spent in one place."

The only other popular alternative seems to be booze, if you know they drink.

Archived