Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2014)

Invader3K

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is how my exchange with my dentist went today:

Dentist: Any problems since your last visit (in July)? Wisdom teeth sore or anything?

Me: I don't have them anymore, so no.

Dentist: Oh, well that's changed since last time. Got 'em all out now?

Me: At least 4 years ago.

Dentist: ... (goes on like nothing happened)

I looked back and it was actually 6 years ago, 7 in March. I've only seen this guy at least 10 times since. He even was the one who told me to get them taken out.

I'm getting married in June. My fiancee and I have pretty much everything planned out, only a few little things to take care of yet. I did not want a wedding of any kind but she did so we have to do it. With a lot of the planning I've honestly had absolutely no opinion because I don't want it anyway so I tell her that I'll be happy with whatever she chooses. She then gets upset because I don't have an opinion. However, on things that I do have an opinion on she usually disagrees with me. This experience has confirmed my stance on not having a wedding. Why would anyone want to put up with 9 months of drama for 12 very expensive and unnecessary hours of one day.

Just tell her "whichever is cheapest," for any choices going forward. That should smooth things over.

I've actually used that line many times. That doesn't seem to bother her because she doesn't want to spend a lot of money either but yet we still have to have all these things.

Like with the photographer. I, of course, said we don't need a photographer because there will be plenty of people already taking pictures. But no, we need a photographer. So she finds a few and asks me what I think about them and I say whoever is the cheapest. We tried to book him but he was booked for that day. She asks me who we should try next and I say whoever is the next cheapest and that's who we got. That was probably about the least drama-filled thing we've done.

I look at mine everyday, as we have a few hanging in our living room.

Now, the whole album? And the video? No, not really.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

The key is to act interested, but let her make all the final decisions.

Pretend like you care about things, and act like you are giving in to her every need. (should be easy if you truly don't care about any of the hoopla)

I'm with you, I let my wife decide on almost everything as I really didn't care one way or another on almost every decision that had to be made. It is all ridiculous in the end, but they look forward to this day their entire lives, don't lose sight of that, and you will be just fine.

Best of luck!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Does anyone actually look at wedding pictures more than once? I never understood this.

I've been married 21 years, and our wedding album has been taken out 2 or 3 times max......that I'm aware of anyway ;)

We watched the video once, and that was enough. The video was a complete waste of time, effort and money.

I'm getting married in June. My fiancee and I have pretty much everything planned out, only a few little things to take care of yet. I did not want a wedding of any kind but she did so we have to do it. With a lot of the planning I've honestly had absolutely no opinion because I don't want it anyway so I tell her that I'll be happy with whatever she chooses. She then gets upset because I don't have an opinion. However, on things that I do have an opinion on she usually disagrees with me. This experience has confirmed my stance on not having a wedding. Why would anyone want to put up with 9 months of drama for 12 very expensive and unnecessary hours of one day.

I hear you, but you don't want to be the big lump on the couch who makes her handle all of the stress alone.

You don't care about your wedding, as I didn't really care that much about mine, but your fiancé cares, so you need to be supportive and take the load off of her. The invitations, flowers, table centerpieces, her dress, her bridesmaids dresses, tuxedos, guest list, menu, music, the church and preacher, the reception site, the marriage license, transportation to and from, all of that and more. . .all that stuff needs to get done, and even if you don't care about it, she does. It's a huge event that she's been thinking about and hearing about since she was a kid, so keep that in mind.

As for the wedding pictures, I never look at ours. She never looks at ours. But there are some shots on the walls and in albums at her parents' house, so even if you don't care about them, somebody will.

Good luck on the wedding planning. It will get better..

I hear you, but you don't want to be the big lump on the couch who makes her handle all of the stress alone.

You don't care about your wedding, as I didn't really care that much about mine, but your fiancé cares, so you need to be supportive and take the load off of her. The invitations, flowers, table centerpieces, her dress, her bridesmaids dresses, tuxedos, guest list, menu, music, the church and preacher, the reception site, the marriage license, transportation to and from, all of that and more. . .all that stuff needs to get done, and even if you don't care about it, she does. It's a huge event that she's been thinking about and hearing about since she was a kid, so keep that in mind.

As for the wedding pictures, I never look at ours. She never looks at ours. But there are some shots on the walls and in albums at her parents' house, so even if you don't care about them, somebody will.

Good luck on the wedding planning. It will get better..

Believe me I'm doing a lot. I booked the DJ, the caterer, and the church. And because I'm a graphic designer I did our Save The Date's and will be doing the invitations. I'll also be doing the decorating for the reception.

My father in law passed last Friday. He was a part of our everyday lives. It was sudden, and there was no warning. No goodbyes were said. This is the hardest thing I've ever gone through, and I've gone through some stuff.

2014 is not my friend so far.

My father in law passed last Friday. He was a part of our everyday lives. It was sudden, and there was no warning. No goodbyes were said. This is the hardest thing I've ever gone through, and I've gone through some stuff.

2014 is not my friend so far.

Sorry to hear that, I can't imagine. Hang in there and soon it will be easier to think of all the good times and smile about them.

I absolutely hate it when people like businesses or doctors say that they'll call back in 15 minutes because I absolutely know it ain't gonna happen.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

It's funny you say that Casey. When I worked server customer support for a major financial data company, that was one of the main rules. Call back when you say you will, even if you don't have any news. We had one customer who loved to call in if we were a minute past our promised call time and throw a fit. Managers would inspect our tickets, and call times to ensure we were meeting those standards. Apparently, the company philosophy was, put out a lousy product, but support it well. Then they decided to offshore support and change the philosophy to "lousy product, lousier support"

Call back when you say you will, even if you don't have any news.

Exactly. That would allow me as the customer/client/patient to be able to say I'm that I'm going to be away from the phone and negotiate a new callback time. In yesterday's case, the followup call occurred 2 hours and 45 minutes later. I missed it, called back within 5 minutes, and got an answering machine.

Tying into that, my recent pet peeve has been talking to people on the phone (mainly at local companies) about trying to get some work done, or taking care of a simple problem...I make sure to speak in very simple terms, and you'll be able to tell by the tone in their voice that they have no idea what you're talking about.

The answer after I'm done talking shouldn't be, "Well...OK...I'll, uh...pass that along to (insert owner's name here)".

"Let me give you my number so he can call me back."

"Oh...uh...ok."

It's important to have good "front desk" customer service, whether you're a big company or a local one. I shouldn't be made to feel like I'm talking in Swahili when I'm trying to get help or give your company some business.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Tying into that, my recent pet peeve has been talking to people on the phone (mainly at local companies) about trying to get some work done, or taking care of a simple problem...I make sure to speak in very simple terms, and you'll be able to tell by the tone in their voice that they have no idea what you're talking about.

The answer after I'm done talking shouldn't be, "Well...OK...I'll, uh...pass that along to (insert owner's name here)".

"Let me give you my number so he can call me back."

"Oh...uh...ok."

It's important to have good "front desk" customer service, whether you're a big company or a local one. I shouldn't be made to feel like I'm talking in Swahili when I'm trying to get help or give your company some business.

It is one of the faults of a lot of companies. The Boss's daughter, or the unqualified person gets the job because they look the part, whether or not they can actually handle the job.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

• 3 weeks later...
Nothing on TV today so I watched 2 episodes of Friday Night Tykes. Good Lord, it's everything that's wrong with youth sports.

Yeah, that show is like a bad car wreck. I feel guilty for watching it. I wonder if the coaches/parents watch it and gain any sense of how horrible their behavior is. Unfortunately I'm guessing the answer to that is no, that they just continue to rationalize everything in the name of "toughening up" the boys.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Yesterday, I was riding with a family member. She went out to the car a couple of minutes ahead of me, and when I joined her, she was on the phone. Of course, I didn't want to be impolite and interrupt her when she started driving in the wrong direction (not the wrong way safety-wise, but the wrong way in comparison to where we needed to go). So I kept my mouth shut, and we went the wrong way.

The simple solution would have been to stay parked until the call was complete. I could have easily handled that. It would have been safer, too.

Why do the sandwich artists at subway continue to stack the vegetables in the center of the sandwich instead of spreading them out the entire length of the sandwich?

It is unbelievable that a task as simple at that can't be completed by 50% of of the people who work there. Is that not common sense?

Archived