Brewer Fanatic

TV treasures who are still with us (and some now sadly saying goodbye since this thread began)

Mass Haas

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
RIP Ed Asner

Mary Tyler Moore Show, Lou Grant, Santa Claus in Elf

Was a villain in El Dorado, a really entertaining John Wayne western and I think I recently saw him in Cobra Kai. RIP

Yup. He was Johnny's step dad. Played a big time jerk.

I'll remember Ed Asner as one of the best ever big screen Santa clauses from Elf. A silly, kinda goofy movie, but Asner played his role with panache and gruff and sincerity.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Awww... I loved Quantum Leap and Al. They brought him into an episode of Enterprise to pair with Scott Bakula (Captain Archer/Sam Beckett on QL) again. He also played a regular bit role in Buck Rodgers TV series. I'm sure many others, but those were the ones I remember off the top of my head.

• 1 month later...
It is so on-brand for 2021 to take Betty White from us on the last day of the year.

OR ELSE...it's on-brand for Betty to have had the last laugh, passing just as People magazine's cover story touting her 100th birthday came out.

Allen Ludden, her husband, was a Wisconsin native and is buried in Mineral Point, a small town southwest of Madison.

Can you imagine if Betty gets laid to rest with Allen? I don't know that the chances are great, but they are not yet zero.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• 6 months later...

I was too young for F Troop, but I remember Larry Storch on pretty much every ensemble show from the 70's. 

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.