Brewer Fanatic

TV treasures who are still with us (and some now sadly saying goodbye since this thread began)

Mass Haas

• 2 weeks later...

Mary Tyler Moore is a significant loss to people in their late 40s and older. She had two iconic roles in the time when network tv was part of all of our lives.

She was beautiful and funny and a true tv star.

RIP

• 11 months later...

Just over four years ago, this thread started with this post. Rose Marie's death this week reminded me. At the bottom of this update, listing those still with us, of course others are as well, who were referenced in subsequent posts.

This is not a death-watch thread.

Simply acknowledging some of the TV favorites of my youth (and in subsequent repeats) who are still with us today --

I get a big kick that both Mr. and Mrs. Oleson of Little House on the Prairie (Richard Bull, Katherine McGregor) are still with us, 89 and 88, respectively. Guess Nellie and Willie weren't bad for longevity after all.

Al Molinaro of Happy Days fame (don't forget Odd Couple) is 94.

Wilbur!!! Mr. Ed's owner, Alan Young, is also 94. Sadly, we lost his TV wife, one of the most underrated TV hotties of all time, Connie Hines, in 2009 at age 78.

The original People's Court justice, Judge Joseph Wapner, is 94.

Yes, "Fish" is still alive, Barney Miller's Abe Vigoda, also of

, 92.

Monty Hall of "Let's Make A Deal" is dealing at 92.

Betty White is 91, or maybe you hadn't heard? She keeps such a low profile.

Thank you, Norman Lear, TV genius. 91.

Larry Storch (Agarn on F-Troop), is 90. My crush on "Wrangler Jane", Melody Patterson, continues -- she's only 64.

Rose Marie of the Dick Van Dyke Show, who always looked older than she was (sorry, Rose), is 90.

Mr. Dick Van Dyke himself is 88.

Yes, spayed and neutered, Bob Barker is with us at 90.

The Professor Lives! Russell Johnson of Gilligan's Island turned 89 last month.

The beloved June Lockhart of "Lassie" and "Lost in Space" is 88.

Robert Clary, Cpl. LeBeau on "Hogan's Heroes", is 87.

Mrs. Garrett of the Facts of Life, Charlotte Rae, is 87 (don't forget Diff'rent Strokes). On a baseball note, the Charlotte Rays of the Florida State League were named after her (they are now the Stone Crabs).

Ann B. Davis, everybody's favorite maid from the Brady Bunch, is 87.

Bill Daily, with quite the daily double via Major Healy on "I Dream of Jeannie" and Howard Borden on "The Bob Newhart Show", is 86.

Benson's Robert Guillaume is 86. Remember Soap?

Peter Marshall of Hollywood Squares, who of course gave baseball his son, Pete LaCock, is 86.

Jim Rockford, I mean James Garner, is 85, as is Ralph Waite (Waltons), Katherine Helmond (Soap, Who's the Boss?), and Orson Bean (Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman and countless game shows).

Also 85? Adam West (Batman), Marion Ross (Mrs. C of Happy Days), and Dick Van Patten (Eight is Enough).

Wondering about some of your favorites? Here's the "Dead or Alive" site.

Katherine McGregor, Betty White, Norman Lear, Larry Storch, Dick Van Dyke, Bob Barker, June Lockhart, Robert Clary, Charlotte Rae, Bill Daily, Peter Marshall, Katherine Helmond, Orson Bean and Marion Ross are still with us, all 89 years old and above.

Of course, those are just the updates from the original post. Thanks to all who have contributed otherwise.

The Dead or Alive site isn't perfect. I've emailed multiple times to let them know G.D. Spradlin (Police Academy) and the legendary Maureen O'Hara have passed (still listed as alive).

Sad to learn about Rose Marie. I was following her on Twitter and she (or whoever may have been managing her account) seemed in good spirits up until the end. There is a very recent documentary about her, and she was able to enjoy some very late in life attention. RIP, Rose Marie-- and thanks for all the entertainment!

Sad to learn about Rose Marie. I was following her on Twitter and she (or whoever may have been managing her account) seemed in good spirits up until the end. There is a very recent documentary about her, and she was able to enjoy some very late in life attention. RIP, Rose Marie-- and thanks for all the entertainment!

I looked at her Twitter feed after learning of her death and the last tweet before the announcement of her death was only a few hours older than the announcement tweet.

It's also how I learned about the documentary: http://www.rosemariemovie.com/. Now I'm interested in seeing it.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I looked at her Twitter feed after learning of her death and the last tweet before the announcement of her death was only a few hours older than the announcement tweet.

It's also how I learned about the documentary: http://www.rosemariemovie.com/. Now I'm interested in seeing it.

I wasn't aware that she was a child star, with a career long before Dick Van Dyke. While there weren't many credits in recent years, she still did some work, and that's a 90 year run. Good luck topping that..

• 7 months later...
Milwaukee's Charlotte Rae has died. She was on "Different Strokes" and "Facts of Life".

You take the good, you take the bad! :( Very sad day, can't believe I watched that show, but as a 13 year old at the time had such a crush on Jo! I have to wonder, just how many times has that show been referenced on Family Guy, I know there has been quite a few! Hope Seth can work in some kind of tribute for her! What a great actress! God Bless Mrs. Garrett!

• 3 months later...

From 2013's post --

I get a big kick that both Mr. and Mrs. Oleson of Little House on the Prairie (Richard Bull, Katherine McGregor) are still with us, 89 and 88, respectively. Guess Nellie and Willie weren't bad for longevity after all.)

Both gone now, as we lost "Mrs. Oleson" this week at 93.

katherine-macgregor-little-house.jpg?w=620

• 3 weeks later...

We lost Ken Berry of F-Troop, Mayberry RFD and Mama's Family at age 85 Saturday.

LINK

Friend Larry Storch (Agarn on F-Troop) still with us at 95.

You may remember this episode of the Brady Bunch with Ken Berry which was aired as a pilot for a potential new series had it been picked up. It would have been ahead of its time in some regard if it had (four years before "Diff'rent Strokes).

You may remember this episode of the Brady Bunch with Ken Berry which was aired as a pilot for a potential new series had it been picked up. It would have been ahead of its time in some regard if it had (four years before "Diff'rent Strokes).

I remember that episode and learned that was to be a spin off...just yesterday. MeTV aired "Brady Christmas" on Sunday and while browsing Brady Brunch on Wikipedia learned of that tidbit.

• 3 weeks later...
She liked milk with Pepsi, if I recall correctly. I remember Happy Days having a pregame reunion on field In Like 2007 or so.... Potsie sang the National anthem..... not sure if she attended or not. It was when Fonzi's statue was put up downtown.

related, but not, I wonder why the Brewers have not capitalized on a Happy Days series of bobbleheads?

They do bobbles that have no connection to Milwaukee or Wisconsin, Game of Thrones, Peanuts, Sandlot, Marvel, etc. Why not immortalize Happy Days?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

related, but not, I wonder why the Brewers have not capitalized on a Happy Days series of bobbleheads?

They do bobbles that have no connection to Milwaukee or Wisconsin, Game of Thrones, Peanuts, Sandlot, Marvel, etc. Why not immortalize Happy Days?

...because the rights-holders to Happy Days are not subsidizing bobble head theme nights?

Edited by bjkrautk

...because the rights-holders to Happy Days are not subsidizing a bobble head theme nights?

There are a couple Fonzi bobbles out there, not SGA bobbles though.

The Stockton Ports did a Fonzi bobble arm years ago for an SGA...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
Gotta bring this back for Mary Ann of Gilligan's Island. Come ON, 2020. :(

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/dawn-wells-dead-gilligans-island-mary-ann-1234876755/

She really seemed to embrace being associated with the show and being Mary Ann. I was besmitten with her, as were a substantial number of others who were also on Team Mary Ann.

She really seemed like a lovely person.

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Brewer Fanatic Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Brewers community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of Brewer Fanatic.