Brewer Fanatic

Why Scooter should NOT be platooned

TURBO
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Scotter needs to at least get two months playing against Lefties.

And you are adamant about it too.

lol

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I think Scotter needs to at least get two months playing against Lefties.

I definitely think he needs an honest chance, but if he gets completely eaten alive for a month, starting him against LHP for another month might not be such an easy pill to swallow.

Playing 2B is tough on the body. Scooter would likely be better playing 145 games than 155 or 160. Hopefully at the very least he will sit vs the very best LHP's. And yes, he should never hit lead off. He doesn't walk enough to be a lead off hitter!
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

The one thing people have always said about Scooter and the one thing everyone knew he could do is hit. We have heard Brewer front office say that for a long time. He will hit. Now his defense, power, walks, and every other tool may be up in the air but the kid can just hit a baseball. He is a .300ish hitter in his sleep. See no reason to not give him every reason to prove to be an everyday player.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

I am loving the Scooter in the 7th spot, that RR has said will happen now. We will be able to judge more clearly from there - as he will not be platooned. Scooter himself just said it is his goal to 'just stay in there' (not bail) v lefties. So I will be happy to see if he can do that.

Archived