Brewer Fanatic

Fantasy Football Lineup Help Please!!

brwrsfan

I posted this on the lambeauleap forum, but it doesn't appear that anyone goes to the fantasy section of that as there was no 2013 fantasy thread. I'm hoping it's ok that I post this here, as I really need help.

I’m in the finals of a 12 team, $150 each league that I've never, ever won and want to win so much it hurts (wow is that sad).

Need help on a starting QB. Here are my options, pretty standard scoring, only thing different is passing touchdowns are worth 6 points.

I currently have Phillip Rivers (vs Oakland) and Russell Wilson (vs Arizona) on my roster. I'm first in waivers and free agents are as follows:

Colin Kaepernick vs Atlanta

Jay Cutler @ Philly

I've already ruled out Wilson. But I'm thinking heavily about the other two, mainly Jay Cutler. Taking my Bears hatred out of the equation, they play at Philly (30th overall in pass defense) in what I expect to be a high scoring game. I hate Jay and the Bears, but there is just too much money at stake for that to matter, and if the Packers win, the outcome of the Bears game is irrelevant as far as the Packers are concerned.

Kaepernick also has a favorable matchup against Atlanta, who just gave up a ton of yards to Kirk Cousins.

Any thoughts? I'm thinking Rivers at the moment, but thinking really, really hard about Jay Cutler.

I think the three between Rivers, Kaepernick, and Cutler would all be pretty solid options. Cutler has probably the best potential going up against that philly D though.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I think the three between Rivers, Kaepernick, and Cutler would all be pretty solid options. Cutler has probably the best potential going up against that philly D though.

Pick up Cutler, then watch the weather. Sloppy weather = tough to throw in.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

If there is one thing I've learned from this season of fantasy football it's not to over think. In all my previous years I've played the safe route and put up some solid seasons and won a few championships. This season I got too cutesy and it cost me two very important games when going the safe route would have won.

Having said all that I would go with Cutler. He's got great receivers and Philly made Matt Cassell put up Peyton Manning numbers last week. It will probably be a high scoring shootout. I would not be surprise if Collin had a better week, but I would also not be surprised if he had a bit of a dud because the game was a blowout. Cutler seems like the safest choice to me.

I would agree that it is either Cutler or Rivers for you with a lean towards Cutler.

I am also in my championship and have to decide between Pierre Thomas and Bobby Rainey. I think I have to go with Rainey because NO vs Car is a terrible match up for Thomas; plus he splits time with two other guys. Tampa Bay is terrible but they are playing in a dome in STL.

I would agree that it is either Cutler or Rivers for you with a lean towards Cutler.

I am also in my championship and have to decide between Pierre Thomas and Bobby Rainey. I think I have to go with Rainey because NO vs Car is a terrible match up for Thomas; plus he splits time with two other guys. Tampa Bay is terrible but they are playing in a dome in STL.

Always go with a feature back over a tandem back. Plus, New Orleans loves to pass.

Cutler has 2 GREAT weapons to throw to. Hard to go agianst him this week, but Rivers vs Oakland is probably who I'd go with if it were me.

I would go with Rainey without even thinking about it twice. He is their running game, period. The Rams are 28th in the league against the run, they get shredded weekly, so Rainey is a no-brainer imo.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

The result:

I went with Rivers, who was pretty terrible with 10 points. Wilson wasn't much better with 11, and Cutler wound up with 15. Kapernick actually had a huge game, of about 25.

Thankfully I wound up winning anyways. Thanks to everyone for their input!

Same here. I retired from fantasy football 3 years ago because it was driving me absolutely crazy, but was drug back into it last year. My first year back, I won my league.

This year, I had a 24 point lead going into the 2nd round of the playoffs, and the guy I was playing had only Justin Tucker going (freaking Ravens kicker, KICKER!)

Tucker scored 25 points to knock me out. Revenge was served on that owner this past week though in the championship when Tucker scored him one measley point, and he lost the championship by 2 points...

There is justice after all...

I love fantasy baseball though, been playing for close to 20 years, and at times have ran 8-10 teams at a time. The last couple years I have cut down to 4 teams, and that is where I plan to stay...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I got robbed in the first round of my league's playoffs this year (8 team keeper league). I put up enough points to easily win, but my opponent had Jamaal Charles from KC starting and got a fluke 50 points from him, which is just insane. I lost by about 30 points. If he had just had an average game, I would have won. Ah well, always next year.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived