Brewer Fanatic

Indians sign John Axford: 1 yr./$4.5MM guaranteed, $6.25MM potential

jjkoestler

Per MLB Trade Rumors

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/12/indians-to-sign-john-axford.html

EDIT: Update --

3:06pm: Jon Heyman of CBS Sports tweets that Axford can earn an additional $1.75MM worth of incentives, making his contract potentially worth $6.25MM.

MONDAY, 2:45pm: Axford's contract guarantees him $4.5MM in 2014 and also contains incentives, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports (on Twitter). That's $1.2MM less than the $5.7MM salary MLBTR contributor Matt Swartz had projected.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

good for him! hope to make a trip up to the jake this summer!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Cleveland seems like a good fit for Axford, I hope he has some success there. If Axford is able to mix his engaging personality with some pitching success, it should breed a mutual love affair with Indians fans.

I am slightly curious to see where the Indians former closer, Chris Perez, ends up. Haven't heard much about him this off-season, but I am sure the tough 2013 season along with the off the field problems aren't helping his cause.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

An ex-MLB pitcher who's a family friend always spoke very highly of Cleveland, as such I've always liked them as an organization. I hope Ax does well, he was one of my favorite players on the MiLB side as he was coming through the system.

In case you're wondering the pitcher had nothing good to say about the Brewers other than it was nice playing in front of family and friends on a regular basis. He chose his comments very carefully when talking about Milwaukee. He bounced around a bit towards the end so he got to see how a variety of teams operated and I've always been high on the teams that treated him well, even if I don't necessarily agree with their FO moves.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

It is sad we have had multiple reports on here (from secret sources) about how Milwaukee is not the organization it could be. We really need to be a positive to players / development / careers. But we do not seem to be doing much 'the best' or even 'good' in any facet of professional baseball. Things do need to improve.

Archived