Brewer Fanatic

Stephen Drew

DHonks
What about one of my favorite Fall Leaguers rather than least favorites? Drew could be signed to play 3b, where he could bat leadoff and hopefully return to old obp/slg form from the left side. Ramirez would shift to 1st. Our offense and defense would be upgraded.

Given the current options, I like this idea a lot. Drew had a Ramirez-esque season vs. RHP last year (.875 OPS). Perhaps Ramirez could still play some 3B giving Drew some rest vs. tough lefties (Halton at 1B).

I'd much rather give Drew a multiyear deal than Loney.

Yeah, there's no way I'd take Stephen Drew at the cost of the 12th pick. The team that's going to sign Drew is going to be a team that has already lost their 1st rd pick and he costs a 2nd rd pick. Once his price comes down in January or even in February when he and Morales are still sitting waiting for a team to call them.

Really surprised Drew was tendered a qualifying offer. But that's Boston - they have the money to do it. Don't think he's worth that much of a raise over his 2013 salary though.

Drew only has had two seasons with an OBP>.350, so I don't think he's that good of an OBP guy. Like the idea, but if he really was tendered a QO then he's definitely not worth it.

Archived