Brewer Fanatic

Mariners to Sign Corey Hart -- latest: Corey's full-page goodbye letter in JS, post #97

brewcrewdue80

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not to mention Seattle is an AZ spring training team. It was said that was a big factor for him too.

but so is milwaukee, so that wasnt a factor in choosing between the two, it was the money, both garaunteed and in incentives

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Sad to see Corey go. He was a good player for us. I'm sorry it didn't work out, but I'd rather not overpay for him. Between his age and injury issues, he was a risk.

The AL might be best for Corey. He can slide into the DH spot if his knees have problems.

I really hope they just go with Francisco and Halton instead of doing some stupid trade or signing for Morrison, Davis or Loney.

Halton should be thrilled with this news. His chances of making the team rise considerably with Hart out of the picture. Even if they do find another 1B, it's likely to be a LH hitter meaning their could be platoon opportunities.

I hope they stick with what they got but that aint Doug and Mark's style. They will acquire someone, even if it means bringing back Yuni sadly. Why not trade for Justin Smoak? The Mariners don't need him now and I can't imagine it would take much to get him.

I am imagining Hart as a DH first (role Kendry Morales held) and 1b 2nd.

I knew a DH position would net Hart the most money because he wouldn't have to take the field. His bat is the promising side to a signing and DH is where he can provide his bat first and foremost.

I wouldn't doubt Corey becoming a DH for the remainder of his career.

Trader!

I hope the M's overpaid because I wanted Hart back in Milwaukee.

There are negative PR aspects to this for a team not needing them. Hart was a popular player and had he returned would have been welcomed back by most. I see that for the first time there are reports Melvin is talking to Loney's agent. Loney may be a decent fit at the right price (certainly better in my opinion than Davis), but he'd just be another guy. Fans love the home grown talent.

Anyone think Weeks might be given a spring trial at 1B? Having never played there before hasn't stopped them in the past.

Mariners plan on playing Hart in right, Morrison at 1st and Smoak DH. That is not going to end well.

Will hart last one inning or one game on those knees? Yikes. Jack z is taking a page out of my late 90's video game lineups that included the likes of Frank Thomas at SS

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Apparently Brewer offer topped out at $8 million if he met incentives. I would have advised Hart not to take that either. That's an offer that says they really weren't as interested as we were led to believe. I think deep down they preferred a lefty bat at 1B.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Apparently Brewer offer topped out at $8 million if he met incentives. I would have advised Hart not to take that either. That's an offer that says they really weren't as interested as we were led to believe. I think deep down they preferred a lefty bat at 1B.

And the Mariners incentives were upwards of $13 million - based on Rosenthal - who compared the deal to Napoli's 2013 deal with the Red Sox - $5 million guaranteed and incentives to reach $13 million.

The AL might be best for Corey. He can slide into the DH spot if his knees have problems.

I'm very disappointed, obviously, but I think that this was a huge factor for a guy with bad knees. If Seattle were a NL team he's likely back with the Brewers.

Well, that's a kick in the fan gut for me. Corey was my boy. MY BOY. :(

Mariners plan on playing Hart in right, Morrison at 1st and Smoak DH. That is not going to end well.

For serious?! Because I could easily imagine seeing blue text with that.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Well, that's a kick in the fan gut for me. Corey was my boy. MY BOY. :(

For serious?! Because I could easily imagine seeing blue text with that.

Yeah, saw it on the tweeter but it was so many tweets ago I don't feel like going back to look.

If those incentives are mostly structured around health, I'd rather not have Hart around. Five million guaranteed to a player who didn't touch the field last season is quite a chunk of change for a guy who is really only a slightly above average player at this point (he'll be 32 by opening day).

Archived