Brewer Fanatic

Brett Anderson to Rockies, Drew Pomeranz & Chris Jensen to Athletics

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10116022/brett-anderson-traded-oakland-athletics-colorado-rockies

Hmm....I wish the Brewers would have been able to swing a deal for Anderson. I know Pomeranz was the centerpiece of the Ubaldo Jimenez deal but he has been pretty bad at the MLB level. Seems like a Jungmann may be have been able to pull off this deal for the Crew. Anderson may have been a terrific buy low candidate.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10116022/brett-anderson-traded-oakland-athletics-colorado-rockies

Hmm....I wish the Brewers would have been able to swing a deal for Anderson. I know Pomeranz was the centerpiece of the Ubaldo Jimenez deal but he has been pretty bad at the MLB level. Seems like a Jungmann may be have been able to pull off this deal for the Crew. Anderson may have been a terrific buy low candidate.

I don't think Jungmann ever showed the promise Pomeranz did. Pomeranz was a top 25 rated minor leaguer - put up some great stats in A ball (but a small sample size). He was rushed after that - and even though he put up decent ERAs in the upper minors, he was hittable. That got worse in the majors.

I haven't seen Pomeranz lately, so maybe he just looks like crap. But I would think he would be seen as more promising than Jungmann - who just looks blah. Just a guess.

I agree that Anderson is a great buy low guy.

I am surprised by the lesser amount of talent in return for Anderson. But I guess major injury concerns as well as 1+option year at 20mil combined just was too much to offer anything major. I do wonder if Anderson comes back to form with near 100% healthy seasons(maybe 1 15 day DL stint) that he doesn't take on a QO roll. This could turn in to a major get for Colorado for a guy they already had seen cant perform for them.

If the Brewers could have traded Gallardo or Lohse, this would have been the guy to target. But otherwise, I think the rotation has too many fillins to manage another one.

Archived