Brewer Fanatic

Cliff Lee

yoshii8

I would take Lee under the right circumstances (Say maybe $15-18 Million per year) but we would probably have to give up some prospects rather than high priced veterans. Maybe you could include Lohse but they probably would also want probably 2 or 3 of our Top 10 prospects. Even though Lee has been great I just don't know if it would be worth it for a 34 year old. The contract is only for 2014, 2015 and an option fo 2016 so atleast that part of it isn't all that bad.

Weeks and Lohse for Lee? Yup, I'd do that deal all day, every day.

YES! YES! YES!

Next year we would get him for almost free by freeing up the Weeks and Lohse contracts. (actually around 4 million)

Knock off Lohse's salary for year 2, and we are getting Lee for what, 14 million...

By that time, we could trade him at the deadline during year 2 if we had no chance at the post season...

So yes, I'd take that exact trade, but not if it included other prospects, and 100% sure NO if Gomez was involved.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• 6 months later...

How about a little bump...

I know Lee is out until July but what would it take to get him, slot him at #1 in a playoff series and go from there? I love the Brewers as a regular season squad but am nervous in any do or die situation where we may face Kershaw, Wainwright, Strasburg or Bumgarner. Cliff Lee would go a long way to quell those fears. Assuming he's healthy, he's owed $25 million on 2015 and possibly $27.5 in 2016. Is this an all in type move Attanasio may have in mind?

There's just not a match here. That's just too much salary to take on for a 35 year old, and even if we do scrape up an offer for him, it would probably have to be centered around Nelson to even be considered. Just not a good move for us. The Phillies have no use for aging vets like Lohse, Weeks, and Ramirez, and we'd never be so foolish as to give up a top MLB talent like Gomez or Lucroy.

All I'm looking to see happen is to get Nelson up to the rotation this summer and see what we might be able to add for a bat at 1st at the deadline.

Jimmy Nelson plus Marco Estrada plus Clint Coulter *might* get you Lee....kinda doubtful

Jimmy Nelson plus Jean Segura is a more likely price tag

(I'd say "no" on either of those trades)

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Archived