Brewer Fanatic

A Few Free Bobbleheads

deersveum12

Hi everyone,

At the Brewers Clubhouse Sale tonight, I received three Brewers bobbleheads that I have no use for. If anyone needs any of the following bobbleheads, please PM me and if you pay the shipping you can have them. Please, if you respond, it means you actually do not already have the bobblehead.

2013- White Gorman Thomas

2013- Blue Harvey Kuenn

2013- Blue Ben Oglivie

If interested please PM me.

Thanks

PM's have been responded to and I believe the bobbleheads are spoken for.

As far as the clubhouse sale, I thought it was pretty good this year. I was able to enter early as the company I work for has a suite. So shopping with 15 people in the clubhouse makes a difference.

I picked up a few game used bats for $35. A Peralta game used July 4th hat and a Braun Game Used Batting Helmet.

I thought the game used items were a lot more reasonably priced this year as opposed to previous years. A few things were still pretty out of whack. I am kind of kicking myself for not buying a Game Used Greinke Jersey for $150.

The Brewer bobble fad is fading...

They can't sell out the bobble games like they used to, at one time a bobble game was an automatic sell out. Just not the case anymore.

They have become easy to get on the secondary market, and CHEAP, which means it isn't necessary to go to the game in person when you can buy the bobble for $10, and save the high price of attending the games. (ticket prices, stadium food, parking, gas...etc) In a sense, giving out more bobbles works against the reason they do bobbles in the first place, putting butts in the seats. I go to fewer bobble games than I used to because they are just so easy to get.

Last years bobble games had times where they had 10,000 - 15,000 bobbles that went unclaimed, which is why they are giving them away like candy on Halloween...

They have saturated the market, thus the hobby takes a hit, and fans just don't care about them anymore. (use baseball cards in the mid 80's and 90's for an example, same thing)

So instead of doing fewer SGA bobbles for 2014, they do MORE.

*shaking head*

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

What day did you pick up that Greinke Jersey? Probably on Thursday eh? Went on Friday late afternoon and walked out empty handed. I woulda loved to score that. I like going to the rummage sale but this year nothing caught my eye. I already have about 8 shirts too many, a hoodie, two jackets and thanks to the vouchers picked up a few new hats in fall. I'm all set in the swag department.

I do enjoy looking at game used stuff and occassionally pulling the trigger on a bat. There was a Milwaukee Brewers "Braves" jersey but it was 300 and I believe it was some coach. To find Greinke for 150 is a steal. I'm glad a BFer got it though, not one of those D-Bags that ruined autograph Fridays.

I too am curious how much the Braun helmet went for.

I paid $250 for the Braun helmet. I really wanted the Greinke jersey, but from past experiences I've learned I buy game used jerseys and then don't know what to do with them. I'm happy someone on here got it as well. I've been expecting it to turn up on ebay the last couple days.

Did anyone else take a look at the Seattle Pilots jersey they had there? A guy from the Brewers told me it was from when the team moved and was an original jersey from 1969(this same fellow told me that the Young Pirates jersey was the one being worn when he hit the sausage, only problem is Randall Simon hit the sausage) But anyways, they wanted $500 for that jersey. If it was original, I would think that would have been quite a deal.

$250 isn't a bad price for the Braun helmet. I saw one there for double that.

I picked up the Greinke jersey on Thursday afternoon. It was a road gray from 2012.

Other than that, the only thing I picked up was a score card from this game, which I was at and is one of my all-time favorite games: http://espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=300528108

Archived