Brewer Fanatic

2014 = Timber Rattlers doing 11 bobbleheads...

TURBO

That's right, 11 different bobbleheads on what appears to be 9 different dates.

Uggghhhh, now the t-rats are going to join the overkill party. This may be the straw that breaks my collecting back. Add these 11 to the 8 from the Brewers (not counting their retro versions and the season ticket Segura) and this is just becoming too complicated. Display space, box storage, etc are becoming too much to bare...

I might just have to limit my collection to just the Brewers and T-Rats, and bag the "I have to collect all the Brewers minor league teams" bobbles every year.

Kind of exciting to see which 11 they will be doing, but man, this is getting more and more like baseball cards in the 80's every year! OVERKILL.

Here is the message they just left on facebook:

The Timber Rattlers will be celebrating their 20th season by giving away NINE bobbleheads featuring the best players to play each position for the team since 1995.

In addition to the NINE, there will be TWO bonus bobbleheads given out as well. That means there will be a total of 11 bobblehead giveaways next season!

Make sure to follow the Timber Rattlers Facebook and Twitter pages all day tomorrow (10/4/13) because starting at 8:00 AM, the eleven 2014 bobbleheads will be announced at the top of each hour. RETWEET the message on twitter or SHARE each post on your Facebook page to earn a chance to win tickets to each game.

The Timber Rattlers have created a special bobblehead ticket package for fans who want to collect the whole set. Packages start at just $65/seat. Purchasing this package GUARANTEES you all 11 bobbleheads! Stop by the ticket office or call 920-733-4152 to purchase your ticket package and guarantee all eleven bobbleheads today!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

T-rats bobble ticket package says you're guaranteed the bobbles, so can I get the package and pick up all the bobbles at the end of the season?

That wasn't the case a few years ago, but I would gladly shell out the $65 for all 11 bobbles.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

I'm pretty sure they want to get you in the stadium, not sell the bobbles. My guess is that they will not allow you to just buy the $65 tickets, and hold all 11 bobbles for you until the end of the season.

Won't hurt to ask them though.

1. 4/3/14 Scooter Gennett

2. 4/5/14 Felix Hernandez

3. 4/29/14 Brett Lawrie

4. 5/13/14 David Ortiz

5. 6/10/14 Adam Jones

6. 7/1/14 Jim Henderson

7. 7/20/14 Carlos Gomez

8. 7/29/14 Asdrubal Cabrera

9. 8/3/14 Khris Davis

10. 8/12/14 Martin Maldanado

11. 8/28/14 Shin Soo Choo

The two biggest omissions in my opinion are Peralta and A-Rod. (Not that I wanted an A-Rod, but they were honoring the best players to play for them, and he surely is one of them)

I do not think that Maldanado or Lawrie should have gotten one over Peralta... That one makes no sense to me...

Not real enthused about another Lawrie. He is no longer Brewer property, and they already did one of him...

Other than that, the list is pretty good. It doesn't bother me that they included players that played in Appleton when they belonged to the Mariners since I saw all those guys play for the t-rats. (Felix, Ortiz/Arias, Jones, Cabrera, and Choo)

I'm most excited about the Felix (T-Rats never did one of him), Scooter, Jim Henderson (since the brewers ignored his bobble this year), Gomez (in a T-Rats uniform), and Khris Davis.

I'd like to have seen a Haniger and Roache this season...

EDIT: after reading the timber rattlers news release again, it does say the best players since 1995, so A-Rod wouldn't qualify, AND he played for them when they were the Appleton Foxes, pre 1995. A pretty conveinienant way to not have to include him....lol

Archived