Brewer Fanatic

Jemile Weeks traded to the O's

brewmann04

When I saw the thread title the only player that made sense for the O's to give up was Johnson but it would be stupid for the Brewers to do that. Then I read that it actually was for Johnson and I was dumb founded and even more surprised it was a three team deal with the Orioles and Athletics. Then I read the last line.

Confusing deals today. Jemile Weeks for a 101 saves the last 2 seasons Johnson? Just to avoid 10mil in salary? At the same time, Oakland signs Kazmir and then gets Johnson so 20mil in payroll? When did they become splash the cash?

Now, I won't lie, Johnson doesn't fit a typical closer profile and really seemed to outperform expectations. I have more trust in Henderson closing than I do Johnson.

Maybe Weeks will do the whole change of scenery and become at least a contributor for Baltimore. But I'm not going to really expect much.

I guess this deal works. Oakland likely wanted to remove Weeks from their Roster and they filled it with a contributor for this season. Something Weeks likely had zero ability of doing.

Archived