Brewer Fanatic

Phil Hughes to Twins: 3 years/$24M

WV Brew

The Hughes signing is impressive to me at that amount. I think new Yankee Stadium had at least something to do with the down years. If the Brewers had signed Hughes at that price I wouldn't be without caution, but not the worst chance ever taken.

Seems a little expensive for Hughes. Looks like he made some dramatic changes in his pitch selection last year. Either that or his curveball is flattening out.

Both look like bad but not horrible deals. At least Hughes is under 30 and neither cost a pick.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Twins have a lot of money with Morneau off the books and the $26 million extra that every team is getting from the new TV deal. They had to do something after back to back 66 win seasons, and attendance in free fall. They couldn't wait for prospects and high draft picks to spark interest. I still don't think they are very good, but at least they have something to sell.

Archived