Brewer Fanatic

Fielder to Rangers for Kinsler

DHonks

Prince had the Rangers on his no trade list, but waived his right to exercise it. Sounds like a 1-for-1 deal with Texas getting cash. Really like this trade for both teams, but look forward to seeing Prince Fielder crush balls out of the Ballpark at Arlington.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

I'm guessing this was a DET was "tired" of Prince (not really, but you know what I mean)

in exchange for TEX getting a full-time position for Jurickson Profar instead of being a super-sub (which he wasn't very good at.)

I'm not shocked by this at all.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

This is an actual makes sense trade for both clubs. Texas gets a 1b/DH they need and power bat they are missing. Also opens up 2b for Profar to finally end all that Profar for so and so super star.

Detroit opens 1b for Cabrera and Castellanos gets to move back to 3b. Super Roster adjustments on both sides!

And lets face it the money really isn't an issue for either club.

I think Prince will Mash at Texas more so than he could playing in the AL Central. And he'll approach 40HRs once again. Something that just seemed really hard for him to do in Detroit/the Central Opponents.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Didn't see this one coming, but it makes sense for Detroit

Unload salary

Move Cabrera to 1b - improving defense at two positions

Make a spot for Castellanos (forgive my spelling)

Fills 2B spot with a good player

For Texas they:

Get a serious bat that should do great in that ballpark

Open a spot for Profar

wow that is like a video game trade haha

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I love Prince, but I am almost as surprised by this trade as I was by the original contract Detroit gave him. That is just way too much money for what he brings to the table, I do not understand what these GMs are thinking.

Texas is desperate for offense and this is a massive overpay for a 1B with a .819 OPS last season, who has been fairly inconsistent his entire career.

Huge win for Detroit as they suddenly have an elite 2B and can move Cabrera back to 1B where he belongs. They're going to be really dangerous again next season.

Wow...

I wish they would they have traded him straight up for Rickie Weeks...and $70 million :)

I'd have done the deal for Scooter Gennett and Hunter Morris.

WE COULD'VE HAD PRINCE BACK, DOUG!!! WHY? WHY?

:(

Ugh... are we back to the days of doing pennance instead of chasing pennants during baseball season?

I love Prince, but I am almost as surprised by this trade as I was by the original contract Detroit gave him. That is just way too much money for what he brings to the table, I do not understand what these GMs are thinking.

Texas is desperate for offense and this is a massive overpay for a 1B with a .819 OPS last season, who has been fairly inconsistent his entire career.

Huge win for Detroit as they suddenly have an elite 2B and can move Cabrera back to 1B where he belongs. They're going to be really dangerous again next season.

I posted this during the postseason --

Keep in mind that the difference in [Fielder's] counting stats between 2012 & 2013 is just 5 HRs, 8 H, & 10 BB (& 22 PA). Honestly, you have to factor in going from 17 HBP to 9 this season as well. Over his last 40 games this regular season, he OPS'd .957 & only went hitless 8 times.

In short, I think it's a little early to declare that [his power is leaving him]. A drop in HRs should have been expected, moving from Miller Park to Comerica, and I think this is most likely simply a case of a not-as-good season combined with bad luck. Fielder looks like (in terms of 'the eye test') he's in as good of shape as he ever was with the Brewers, so it's pretty hard for me to think he's all of a sudden physically declining at 29. He probably won't age well, but I think this is more an aberration than beginning of a trend.

I don't disagree that Fielder's contract was a huge overpay (most FA contracts are), but I also think it's easy to look at an .819 OPS & a bad postseason & come to (imo) a premature conclusion that Fielder's already on the decline.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

This looks like it should improve both teams in the near term for sure. Detroit probably took advantage of the only chance they ever were going to have of dealing Fielder. If he has another sub 900 OPS year in 2014 they probably would have no chance of ever trading him. This deal just gives further credence that these long term deals are atrocious. They are almost always an over reaction and with no thought to 3-4 years down the road.

Archived