Brewer Fanatic

2014 All-Fan Giveaways

hawing

Not a big fan of the shirt designs. I wouldn't buy any of them except for maybe #1 or #5, and then only if it is in XL and 100 percent heavyweight cotton. Still, free is free, and I'm glad that they are getting creative in the giveaways, if not in the designs of these shirts.

Back in the early 70s, they had a jacket day for kids, and the jacket was ridiculously bad, though we all thought it was cool. It was made out of the same non-porous plastic material used in air mattresses. Spend a day or so running around in one of those and it was so sweaty--like you were trying to cut weight for wrestling.

Stadium giveaways are fun.

I like design #4, but the rest or just ok.

I also like that they have decided to add other SGA items besides bobbles, but maybe they should consider less bobbles, and more different items.

How will they do the sizes of the shirts at the gate?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

How will they do the sizes of the shirts at the gate?

Based on how other t-shirt giveaways have worked in my experience at sporting events, the people handing them out will probably just ask you for the size shirt you want. Depending on how good their set-up is and how many people they have handing out t-shirts, things could get backed up at the entrances. Maybe if they're smart they'll just have big signs for different turnstyles that say "S", "M", "L", and "XL" or something like that, so that they don't have to ask you and then shuffle around to grab the right shirt.

• 3 weeks later...

If they planned on doing a Japanese heritage day, the jerseys have already been cleared by MLB, and probably ordered. If that's the case, they aren't gonna give away a Scooter bobble on that day.

I find it kinda funny that a heritage day was planned around a bobblehead, now the entire thing could be cancelled.

I also assume they nix Japanese heritage day, but they've already announced that as an all fan bobblehead day, I'd imagine they're going to keep that. Meaning, they need a new one.

I continue to hold out hope that they start with some of the 90's Brewers like Cirillo or Vaughn, but we all know that's not going to happen. The Brewers have basically determined that those players never existed when it comes to bobbleheads.

• 1 month later...

2 Scooter bobbles this year? I wonder if the Brewers even bothered checking with their minor league clubs to see what bobbles they were giving out?

I don't mind Scooter in a Brewers uniform though... Would rather have seen a Peralta since the T-Rats ignored him...

For whatever reason the promotion department does not seem to be in tune with potentially how this roster could be constructed. First of all they should have anticipated that it was likely that Aoki would be traded and now there is the possibility that Gennett could find himself right back in the minors if he doesn't start off well or Weeks is hot.

If they planned on doing a Japanese heritage day, the jerseys have already been cleared by MLB, and probably ordered. If that's the case, they aren't gonna give away a Scooter bobble on that day.

I find it kinda funny that a heritage day was planned around a bobblehead, now the entire thing could be cancelled.

The Brewers did this just to spite me. That might not be remotely true, but that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

2 Scooter bobbles this year? I wonder if the Brewers even bothered checking with their minor league clubs to see what bobbles they were giving out?

I don't think they care, while all of them are related as a franchise, it's all separate businesses.

How many different bobbles (including alternates) are being given away including all the minor league teams this year anyway? 40? 45? I'm looking forward to the season where between all the minor league clubs and the Brewers, there's a new bobblehead coming out everyday. Yes, I want 162 bobbleheads, and that won't even include the season ticket and employee giveaways, OR the Stich N Pitch.

11 T-Rats

8 Brewers, but of course, the alternates/retros/etc have not been announced. Could be as many as 15. (no alternate on the chorizo)

1 Jean Segura Season Ticket Holder

1 Stitch-n-Pitch (yet to be announced if they are doing one, but it's pretty certain they will)

That is 21 for sure, 28 if the Brewers have alternates.

That is not counting the Huntsville, Nashville, or the unrelated Chinooks.

Ridiculousness.

• 4 weeks later...

I need to update the price guide. Turbo, if you wanna send me what you think is the appropriate prices for last years, I'll trust ya. I mighta missed a few from last year. Lemme know if I did.

I will still keep up the price guide, but if I ever choose to turn it over, you'll be the next guy appointed to office.

Archived