Brewer Fanatic

2014 All-Fan Giveaways

hawing

Link to John and Cait blog

The 2014 Brewers season includes 14 all-fan giveaway dates, which will be revealed on brewers.com during the week of November 4-8.

Our season ticket renewal stuff is at home, but my memory is that there's a mix of bobbles and T-shirts, and not all the giveaway dates are Sundays. If I get the chance before the information is revealed, I'll post the dates here.

The 2014 bobblehead speculation thread is still available for your speculation needs.

Dates (with opponent) from the season seat holder renewal packet:

All-fan bobblehead giveaways:

Sunday, April 27 (Cubs) - Carlos Gomez, to commemorate his Gold Glove award

Sunday, May 11 (Yankees) - Kyle Lohse

Sunday, June 15 (Reds) - Vintage Brewer (old-school kewpie doll look)

Sunday, June 29 (Rockies) - Norichika Aoki, wearing a Japanese uniform

Sunday, July 27 (Mets) - Fan Vote (TBD by a fan vote later this off-season)

Sunday, August 10 (Dodgers) - Chorizo

Sunday, August 24 (Pirates) - Jean Segura (presumably in a Brewers rather than an all-star jersey)

Sunday, September 14 (Reds) - Robin Yount in a 1974 uniform

All-fan T-shirt giveaways:

Friday, June 13 (Reds) - Royal blue with gold BREWERS barrel

Friday, June 27 (Rockies) - White with navy "modern" M

Friday, July 11 (Cardinals) - Yellow with blue BREW CREW and ball/glove logo

Friday, July 25 (Mets) - Navy with gold BREWERS and white baseball stitches

Friday, August 8 (Dodgers) - Gray with retro-colored Barrelman head design

Friday, August 22 (Pirates) - Navy, "BREWERS BASEBALL," weird font (hawing's opinion)

Images of the t-shirts are in reply #21.

For those curious, the June 13, June 27, and July 25 games fall in the Saturday Plus 20-pack; the July 11 and August 8 games in Sunday Plus; and August 22 in Opening Day Plus.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Well, an umbrella giveaway at a park who uses the near-elimination of rainouts as a major selling point probably won't pass marketing muster. Having said that, I do miss seeing thousands of fans twirling their new umbrellas at once. :)

That grill set was a novel departure from the norm. It wouldn't make this list because it wasn't for all fans. Since an all-fan giveaway has to be suitable for all ages, I suppose that limits the options somewhat.

Well, an umbrella giveaway at a park who uses the near-elimination of rainouts as a major selling point probably won't pass marketing muster. Having said that, I do miss seeing thousands of fans twirling their new umbrellas at once. :)

That grill set was a novel departure from the norm. It wouldn't make this list because it wasn't for all fans. Since an all-fan giveaway has to be suitable for all ages, I suppose that limits the options somewhat.

well the umbrellas were never all fans anyway since miller always sponsored them. they could give them out upon leaving to ease safety concerns

Brewer Nation has an unconfirmed Aoki Japanese Jersey Bobble on June 29. That one is very surprising to me. http://brewernation.mlblogs.com/2013/11/04/brewers-14-in-14-all-fan-giveaway-schedule/

And this is the reason we do not NEED 8 or more freaking bobbles per season.

Overkill.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Brewer Nation has an unconfirmed Aoki Japanese Jersey Bobble on June 29. That one is very surprising to me. http://brewernation.mlblogs.com/2013/11/04/brewers-14-in-14-all-fan-giveaway-schedule/

Hmm. It's the same time of year as last year's Polish Heritage Day and 2012's Italian Heritage Day. I'd been wondering whether/how they would continue the heritage days, since they've worked through some of the most obvious candidates for Wisconsin; but since Nori's still around, 2014 is an opportunity to note Japanese heritage/culture.

Of course, there is no requirement to attend games with giveaways that you don't like, or even to accept the giveaway if you do attend. We have an annual game where we bring the S.O.'s family; most of them want a bobble, so we aim for a bobble day; and those who don't want a bobble have politely turned down the usher at the entrance.

Of course, there is no requirement to attend games with giveaways that you don't like, or even to accept the giveaway if you do attend. We have an annual game where we bring the S.O.'s family; most of them want a bobble, so we aim for a bobble day; and those who don't want a bobble have politely turned down the usher at the entrance.

Very true, but for collectors like myself, there seems to be a certain degree of overkill lately on the bobble give-aways.

Instead of reaching to find subjects of bobbles, do fewer, so when we do get them, they mean something. We just had an Aoki last year...

Very true, but for collectors like myself, there seems to be a certain degree of overkill lately on the bobble give-aways.

Instead of reaching to find subjects of bobbles, do fewer, so when we do get them, they mean something. We just had an Aoki last year...

This is exactly why I stopped caring.

And this is the reason we do not NEED 8 or more freaking bobbles per season.

Overkill.

That's really what happened in the card industry in the early 90s. The explosion of card sets and subsets and ultrapremiums, etc. People realized they couldn't collect every card issued, so they became more specialized in their collections.

I don't fault the Brewers for wanting to put more people in the seats. If they thought it would work, they would probably do 81 bobbleheads a year. Their concern is with filling the park, not with satisfying the wishes of bobblehead collectors.

But, bobble games don't even sell out anymore...

When the bobble craze first started, it was pretty much a lock the park would be sold out. Now with secondary markets like ebay and craigslist, it is not urgent to go to the game for the bobbles when they are so easy and cheap to get the next day...

All I want is a Yuni Retirement Day T-shirt.

Here's hoping we don't have to wait until June 13 (or later) to celebrate that. And for the record, I don't need Yuni to specifically retire; just to not be a Brewer anymore.

It's the 2nd yount in 74 uniform. So now the kid will have an action pose. Whatever. He's Mr Brewer and I think we get more SGA than most MLB teams. Every yr I would want to look out for the vintage pc (the boy face to me feels more novelty)

Let's try to enjoy our embarrassment of riches in a positive way. But I'll tell you that is not easy to do. I felt that the list for 2014 was rather predictable and doesn't capture the imagination. But at the end of the day we are dudes who collect dolls and another dozen this yr at that. What should we really expect.

T-shirt designs:

June 13

http://mlblogsbrewers.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/mb-14-all-fan-reveal-tshirt-1.jpg?w=300&h=300

June 27

http://mlblogsbrewers.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/mb-14-all-fan-reveal-tshirt-2.jpg?w=300&h=300

July 11

http://mlblogsbrewers.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/mb-14-all-fan-reveal-tshirt-3.jpg?w=300&h=300

July 25

http://mlblogsbrewers.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/mb-14-all-fan-reveal-tshirt-4.jpg?w=300&h=300

August 8

http://mlblogsbrewers.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/mb-14-all-fan-reveal-tshirt-5.jpg?w=300&h=300

August 22

http://mlblogsbrewers.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/mb-14-all-fan-reveal-tshirt-6.jpg?w=300&h=300

I'll be interested to see if the 'fan vote' bobble will be a choice of former players, current youngsters (e.g. Scooter) or non-players such as Bud or Mark.

The t-shirts aren't super imaginative, but 2013 did offer a glimpse into the value of promoting the team instead of promoting all individual players.

The T-Shirts aren't overly creative, but it's something different and something I think people will use/enjoy a lot more than a bobblehead. Everyone needs a t-shirt to have around, even the not so big into baseball people.

Back in college, I went to the games on Friday nights and got shirts in the bleachers that I STILL wear, so I'm pretty happy with a free t-shirt or two. If you figure even a low quality shirt that it'll likely be still costs say $10-15 at Kohls or another store, it's an awfully good value as a giveaway item.

Yea I am with brwrsfan on this one sure the shirts are nothing to special but I do have a blue and grey tie die shirt from 2003 Beer Pen and of course a few other beer pen shirts from 2007 and one from last year as well as the Brewers fan vote for new Vs old logo back in 2005 as well.

the shirts are great and I wear them every now and then and Love them and anything free especially a shirt is not bad at all you can never have to many Brewer t-shirts!!

Archived