Brewer Fanatic

14 giveaways in '14

patrickgpe
brewers are having a another aoki bobblehead and having a Japanese heritage day.

So much for trading him.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There was a time when teams gave away full sized bats. As a matter of fact, it was Bat Day in 1970 that drew 40,000 fans and caused the original Bernie Brewer to descend from the trailer he'd been living in atop the County Stadium scoreboard.

If there were 40,000 screaming people with bats wanting me to come down, I probably woulda stayed up there.

My birthday is a "Vintage Brewer" bobblehead game?

Lame. Might as well give out the Jeffrey Hammonds one again.

At least you have a chance of baseball fun on your birthday, unlike us winter-born types.

Having said that, what would be characteristic of a "Vintage Brewer" bobble? Butcher in the field but some pop in his bat? ;)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

My birthday isn't cool enough for the Brewers to have a home game. However the fan vote bobblehead is two days before my birthday and on the same day as my best friend's birthday from the time I was 4 until he moved away in 2nd grade.

Having said that, what would be characteristic of a "Vintage Brewer" bobble? Butcher in the field but some pop in his bat? ;)

No defense, low batting average, low on base, high slugging, strikes out 20% of the time, dumb baserunning, no rings...

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

At least you have a chance of baseball fun on your birthday, unlike us winter-born types.

Having a January birthday makes celebrating at Miller Park a bit tricky; you learn to live without that.

As for a Vintage Brewer bobble, he must be a plus arm with a high ceiling; potential to develop into a serious innings eater (or in the case of Reuben Quevedo, into a serious eater).

The Brewers are having a "Japanese Heritage Day?" Probably won't be able to get a ticket since the thousands of Japanese people in the Milwaukee area will no doubt be snatching them up.

these days do very well jerseywise and they are running out of nationalities (i think german is the only one of the sausages that hasn't had its day yet). we don't know if aoki will be back in 2015 so why not.

The Brewers are having a "Japanese Heritage Day?" Probably won't be able to get a ticket since the thousands of Japanese people in the Milwaukee area will no doubt be snatching them up.

these days do very well jerseywise and they are running out of nationalities (i think german is the only one of the sausages that hasn't had its day yet). we don't know if aoki will be back in 2015 so why not.

Yeah, the Aoki shirsey with Japanese characters seems to sell well, with plenty worn by non-Asian fans. It is almost as if the Brewers are committing to Nori through at least June 29, though.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, the Aoki shirsey with Japanese characters seems to sell well, with plenty worn by non-Asian fans. It is almost as if the Brewers are committing to Nori through at least June 29, though.

Brewers replaced the Aoki bobble head with one of Scooter.

Honestly, if they are continuing with the bobblehead trend, I would rather see the Brewers start having a themed bobblehead schedule. In other words, 2014 would see the Brewers honor a specific timeframe in their history, say 1998 - 2001, when they entered the NL and Miller Park opened. While I don't mind Gold Gove Gomez and Jean Segura this year, the Brewers could really do away with the rest of the lineup. So instead of Lohse, Vintage, Scooter, Chorizo & Yount 74, the Brewers could have a bobble lineup of Cirillo, Burnitz, Jenkins, Sexson and Team USA Ben Sheets. This to me is a way of keeping the bobblehead theme fresh for a few more seasons.

They already did a USA Sheets in 2002.

We really don't need another Yount, and I hope after the current sausage series ends (after next season) they stop the racing sausages for a while. (They have already done 4 sausage series bobbles, including the minis and the stitch-n-pitch)

I like the idea of the fan vote, as long as the choices don't include another Braun, Yount, Cooper, Thomas, or any other bobble that has already been done, especially those that have been done multiple times.

For whatever reason, the promo department have chosen to ignore all the players in the 90's...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Many did, but it's not really fair to the position players on those teams who were really outstanding. Even accounting for the inflated offense those guys were very good. They'd have almost certainly snagged at least 1 wildcard in that era if Eldred and D'amico could have stayed healthy. In many ways they were the equivalent of the 2013 Packers.

This is a crazy idea for the Fan's Choice Bobble. How about a Aaron Rodgers Bobble in a pitching stance similar to the promo commercial from a few years ago. This would be different and very popular, but sure if legally this would be possible w/ all those union rules.

This is a crazy idea for the Fan's Choice Bobble. How about a Aaron Rodgers Bobble in a pitching stance similar to the promo commercial from a few years ago. This would be different and very popular, but sure if legally this would be possible w/ all those union rules.

If they can do broadcasters and mascots I don't see why not. Minor league baseball teams do bobbles for people from other sports rather frequently too.

Archived