Brewer Fanatic

14 giveaways in '14

patrickgpe

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made a thread for this in the Trading Post forum. As the giveaways are revealed, I'll update it.

I mentioned this in the other thread, but I believe the season ticket renewal packet mentioned some all-fan t-shirt giveaways as well as bobbleheads. Once I get a chance to recheck, I'll share what I know. (Finally did this Sunday, November 3.)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I really hope they do a trading card set in 2014. Last season was the first time they didn't do it since it began in 1982. I heard it was because Milwaukee area police have had their budgets cut and no one could afford it. That's too bad. I can remember trying to flag down police to get some cards or riding my pike to the Police Department where they would give you one or two random ones.

I really hope they do a trading card set in 2014. Last season was the first time they didn't do it since it began in 1982. I heard it was because Milwaukee area police have had their budgets cut and no one could afford it. That's too bad. I can remember trying to flag down police to get some cards or riding my pike to the Police Department where they would give you one or two random ones.

That's too bad. I loved getting baseball cards from the police as a kid. I was always bummed at the end of the season when they switched from baseball to football.

Little jjkoestler: Can I have some baseball cards?

Cop: Baseball season is over. Would you like some Packers cards?

Little jjkoestler: No thank you. My friends and I will now terrorize the neighborhood for the next 6 months because you don't have anything we want. Those pumpkins in your yard look mighty smashable. Good day, officer.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

It wasnt just Milwaukee PD that had them either. I remember Menomonie PD used to give them out as did Eau Claire PD. I used to get stacks of them because my neighbor was the Assistant Chief of Police and I was friends with his daughter ;)

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Rumor has it there will be 10 bobble dates.

UGGGHHHH!

That is just too damn many.

Odds are, they will have alternates, and a stitch-n-pitch, which could bring the total to 21 different bobbles for 2014.

Add in the minor league bobbles and some of us will have to add on to our homes to display them all.

More is not always better. They don't even sell out the bobble games anymore.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Rumor has it there will be 10 bobble dates.

UGGGHHHH!

That is just too damn many.

Odds are, they will have alternates, and a stitch-n-pitch, which could bring the total to 21 different bobbles for 2014.

Add in the minor league bobbles and some of us will have to add on to our homes to display them all.

More is not always better. They don't even sell out the bobble games anymore.

According to our season ticket package there are 8 all fan bobblehead games and then a Segura All Star one given to Season ticket holders. The dates are: April 27, May 11, June 15, June 29, July 27, August 10, August 24, and September 14. There are 6 all fan T-shirt dates are listed as June 13, June 27, July 11, July 25, August 8, and August 22. Eight plus six is how we arrive at 14 I guess.

But yes I feel that they have been doing too many lately. They really aren't as special anymore.

jeez, i don't understand when you have a 25 man roster how you can continue to have 10 bobble head dates. unless the brewers want to finally honor the brewers of the 1990's, i can't figure out how they will do this for a 2nd straight season and not have many repeats. the only players worthy of a bobble head that hasn't had one yet are segura, lohse, and henderson. they will definitely have a gomez gold glove one which will be very cool and a sausage one. i don't know where else they go with the other 5

jeez, i don't understand when you have a 25 man roster how you can continue to have 10 bobble head dates. unless the brewers want to finally honor the brewers of the 1990's, i can't figure out how they will do this for a 2nd straight season and not have many repeats. the only players worthy of a bobble head that hasn't had one yet are segura, lohse, and henderson. they will definitely have a gomez gold glove one which will be very cool and a sausage one. i don't know where else they go with the other 5

A racing Sausage, random player from the past (Cirillo?), a player who was a fringe part of Brewer history but still has connection to team (Schroeder?), Bud Selig, Betancourt. Those are my picks.

my favorite day as a kid was replica bat day. Do they still do that?

Like it or not, replica bats would probably be regarded as potential weapons nowadays. Remember how well the opening day 1997 ball giveaway went: Link

I hadn't considered Bud but since 2014 is apparently his last full year as commish (this time for real?), it makes sense.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

There was a time when teams gave away full sized bats. As a matter of fact, it was Bat Day in 1970 that drew 40,000 fans and caused the original Bernie Brewer to descend from the trailer he'd been living in atop the County Stadium scoreboard.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

There was a time when teams gave away full sized bats. As a matter of fact, it was Bat Day in 1970 that drew 40,000 fans and caused the original Bernie Brewer to descend from the trailer he'd been living in atop the County Stadium scoreboard.

I still have a Coca-Cola Red Bat from the late 70's. I used it all through little league without breaking it. In large part because its weight and balance were really good for not making contact, except for the occasional weak grounder to second.

this is one of the story that made me love the brewers!

btw, why are all the brewers from the 90's ignored?

the team was not at his peak (...) but i wonder and think there were some players who were fan favorites.

sheffield

I still have a Coca-Cola Red Bat from the late 70's. I used it all through little league without breaking it. In large part because its weight and balance were really good for not making contact, except for the occasional weak grounder to second.

Loved that share!

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived