Brewer Fanatic

Brewers exercise option on Aoki

Nottso

yeah, I mean, I think it was fairly well known that the Brewers were going to exercise that option regardless if Aoki is in the plans for the 2014 roster. That option is what makes him so appealing for other teams

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Aoki is still the most marketable "non-core" player they have. He's certainly a nice piece but they wouldn't be mentioning Braun moving to RF if they weren't open to dealing Aoki. Davis and even Gindl showed enough that they could be 1A and 1B options in LF. I'd even throw in Halton as a third option there.

Whether they're going to keep him or trade him, they had to exercise the option because he's worth more than he's being paid.

I'd prefer they trade him (assuming they can get good value in return), as they have in-house replacements, and I think that what they would get in trade would be more valuable to the franchise than watching either Aoki or Davis/Gindl sit on the bench in 2014. Maybe not for one year, but for the long-term.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Archived