Brewer Fanatic

Gomez wins Fielding Bible Award

reillymcshane

The writeups are well worth the time to read. From the writeup on Carlos:

In 2013, Gomez robbed five home runs as they were going over the fence, the highest single-season total since Baseball Info Solutions began tracking this ten years ago. No one else had more than two in 2013. Those home run robberies accounted for eight Defensive Runs Saved.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

The Gospel reading for today is from the 2nd book of Rawlings, chapter 27, beginning with the 5th verse:

"And thus sayeth Carlos,

Thou shalt not hit home runs over me.

For I shall smite those orbs into the

basket now made of gold."

Here endeth the lesson.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

The writeups are well worth the time to read. From the writeup on Carlos:

In 2013, Gomez robbed five home runs as they were going over the fence, the highest single-season total since Baseball Info Solutions began tracking this ten years ago. No one else had more than two in 2013. Those home run robberies accounted for eight Defensive Runs Saved.

Now we will have to start accounting for the height of fences so that the leftfielders at Green Monster aren't getting screwed by this stat. ;)

The Gospel reading for today is from the 2nd book of Rawlings, chapter 27, beginning with the 5th verse:

"And thus sayeth Carlos,

Thou shalt not hit home runs over me.

For I shall smite those orbs into the

basket now made of gold."

Here endeth the lesson.

- Outs be with you

- And also with you

[sarcasm]We should trade him while his value is high[/sarcasm]

Let's keep this thread from devolving into another re-hashing of organization-building philosophies... if anyone feels compelled to continue that discussion, I'm sure there are several threads that can be bumped to do so :)

Archived