Brewer Fanatic

Paul Molitor to Coach

brewmann04

thats awesome, good for him!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I don't think we'll ever see a Molitor statue. Whatever you think of Bud's lowball offer to him, Molitor left on his own volition and not only that, he signed with the Blue Jays who the prior year were Brewer's main nemesis. Then he chose the home town Twins over a return to Milwaukee a few years later.

Most of that of course is water under the bridge, but statues are such that they should be reserved for cornerstone franchise loyalists. Molitor wasn't one of those.

I don't think we'll ever see a Molitor statue. Whatever you think of Bud's lowball offer to him, Molitor left on his own volition and not only that, he signed with the Blue Jays who the prior year were Brewer's main nemesis. Then he chose the home town Twins over a return to Milwaukee a few years later.

Most of that of course is water under the bridge, but statues are such that they should be reserved for cornerstone franchise loyalists. Molitor wasn't one of those.

I disagree with this. Molitor did not necessarily leave on his own volition, he got pushed out the door by a franchise who thought he was past his prime and no longer worth the money. I don't recall him ever saying that he wanted to leave Milwaukee or that he was happy with the team's decision to let him walk.

Either way, when looking up the franchise encyclopedia's all-time leaders, Molitor is just behind Yount in nearly everything. He significantly contributed to Milwaukee Brewers baseball for over a decade. To me, statues outside the ballpark are reserved for guys who made the biggest mark on the franchise. Considering that this organization seems to place a greater premium on honoring guys from the Milwaukee Braves era than showcasing their own history, I hope that Molitor gets his statue sooner rather than later.

^^ Agreed, that's how I remember it, too.

I wish he were coaching in Milwaukee. I'd love to have Yount and Molitor as hitting coach and base running coach.

The Twins seem to be doing everything right. After being down for a few years, they're on the upswing. Arcia is a very good talent, and with Miguel Sano and Byron Buxton, the Twins are going to have some serious bats here pretty soon.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Archived