Brewer Fanatic

Prince [Fielder]?

http://www.freep.com/article/20131113/SPORTS02/311130112/detroit-tigers-prince-fielder-trade-rumors

Oh man...I bet Attanasio would be all over this if true. Prince is still owed 7 years $168 million ($24 AAV). If the Tigers were to kick in say $40 - 50 million, I imagine he would do whatever it would take to get Prince.

Attanasio would be a hero (if he isn't already) in this town, if he could bring back Fielder. Detroit would probably have to eat $60-70 million to make it even work. It would be cool to see Prince back. If he has no trade language I wonder if the Brewers would be on his list.

Detroit needs help in the bullpen, second base and outfield so how about Jim Henderson, Khris Davis and Rickie Weeks for Prince Fielder and 50 million bucks?

This trade actually might make some sense for them. Although, I would be more apt to throw them Aramis than K. Davis so they could move Cabrera back to 1B. Weeks, Ramirez & Henderson for Prince & $40 million. The Tigers pay $31m to Weeks and Ramirez for 2014 + buyout for Ramirez and an additional $40m to the Brewers for Fielder for a total of $71m. The Brewers take Prince and $128m over the next 7 years. Tigers would save $56m in the process and, arguably, become stronger in 2014.

This trade will never happen but it sure is fun to speculate.

Who plays 3B if we traded Ramirez? Yuni?

Owing 128 mil over 7 years for Prince might just cripple us in the near future. As much as I'd love to see Prince back in Brew-town, I'm just not sure it's worth it.

Fun to think about though.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I don't want Fielder back for the next 7 years even at $128m. That is still close to $18m per year for a player whose best years may be in the rear view mirror. We need to get younger not older. This would be just another short term fix that would hurt us in the long run.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Cripple an already bare farm system to bring back an overpriced, aging, bad-bodied first baseman. Wow. No.

Even if the Tigers throw 68 million in there, leaving the Brewers on the hook for 100 million over 7, this would be a terrible deal.

If this is what people want........just throw a decent, incentive laden deal at Hart for a year or two, and see if he bites. That way you don't have to commit huge dollars for seven years, and trade the farm as well.

I'd do this in a heart beat.

Trade Henderson, Davis, and Weeks to Detroit for Fielder and Detroit pays us 50 million and pays Weeks salary this season. That 61 million in saving for the Brewers, and it reduces our payroll from 82 million to 71 million. Detroit pays his first 2 years. Lohse, Gallardo, Ramirez contracts are all up after 2015 anyways. Braun's contract increases to 20 million at that time anyways. Go for it all in the next 2 years. Then rebuild around Braun, Fielder, Lucroy, Gomez, Segura, Peralta, Estrada, and Gallardo for another long shot at contention. Use that extra money for this season and next and add a good SP and get some etablished bullpen help. Sign Hart to a 1 year guaranteed deal plus a vesting option for a second. Move Braun to RF and move Hart to LF or just give him his spot back.

If you think about it Mark A has to inquire about this after what Braun did to us. This will totally right the ship with Brewers fans and make our offense probably the best of all time in baseball if you include Hart, and he comes back in form.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Detroit is not going to take scraps for Fielder in a pure salary dump. If Braun was not embroiled in a scandal, they'd do that, but no one is going to want that circus coming to town (nor would the Brewers make the deal with no scandal). You will need a mixture of big money and/or prospects to get this done, and the Brewers have neither. I'm a big Prince guy and I'd like to see him come back, but lets wait a few more years when someone is really trying to dump that salary. I wouldn't be surprised to see the NL have the DH by then.

Detroit is not going to take scraps for Fielder in a pure salary dump. If Braun was not embroiled in a scandal, they'd do that, but no one is going to want that circus coming to town (nor would the Brewers make the deal with no scandal). You will need a mixture of big money and/or prospects to get this done, and the Brewers have neither. I'm a big Prince guy and I'd like to see him come back, but lets wait a few more years when someone is really trying to dump that salary. I wouldn't be surprised to see the NL have the DH by then.

Hardly. It will take hardly that much.. All it might take is the willingness to eat 106 million and give up Henderson. the word is out they want to salary dump fielder for "something" in return to sign there FA boras client Scherzer.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Hardly. It will take hardly that much.. All it might take is the willingness to eat 106 million and give up Henderson. the word is out they want to salary dump fielder for "something" in return to sign there FA boras client Scherzer.

So the Tigers are going to eat roughly $60 million for Henderson and maybe someone else of little consequence? I don't see it. Prince had a down year, but he's still one of the best run producers in the league. They may be willing to trade Fielder and eat some money for a decent package, but Henderson sure isn't going to get it done.

So the Tigers are going to eat roughly $60 million for Henderson and maybe someone else of little consequence? I don't see it. Prince had a down year, but he's still one of the best run producers in the league. They may be willing to trade Fielder and eat some money for a decent package, but Henderson sure isn't going to get it done.

Henderson + Davis + Kintzler + Nelson + Taylor + Hellweg would be enough to probably get Fielder and Porcello. The only one of those players that would be hard to give up would be Nelson. However, we do have Thornburg.

Henderson + Davis + Kintzler + Nelson + Taylor + Hellweg would be enough to probably get Fielder and Porcello. The only one of those players that would be hard to give up would be Nelson. However, we do have Thornburg.

If they would substitute Ramirez for Nelson, for a package of:

Ramirez, Henderson, Davis, Hellweg, Taylor, Kintzler

For

Fielder, Porcello + $40 million

I think both teams might do it.

If they would substitute Ramirez for Nelson, for a package of:

Ramirez, Henderson, Davis, Hellweg, Taylor, Kintzler

For

Fielder, Porcello + $40 million

I think both teams might do it.

I was trying to propose a trade scenario where we keep Ramirez, because can you imaging a 3 tier threat of Braun, Fielder and Ramirez? That would be devastating for any pitcher. But... Perhaps, your right, and we should sacrifice offense in Ramirez to keep our top pitching prospect Nelson. Pitching depth is very important.

So you guys want Prince to man 1B for the next seven years?

I'd have to pass on that the more I think about it.

Till around age 36. His offense numbers and durability would more than make up for his defensive issues. They can eat half of his salary in his last year and move him.

Archived