Brewer Fanatic

John Canning Jr. Bobblehead

TURBO

I picked one of these up... No idea where and when it was given out. The seller has no information, and I came up dry on google.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Canning-Jr-Bobblehead-SGA-Milwaukee-Brewers-Minority-Owner-/281175439420?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item41775cb83c

Minority Brewers owner, looks good next to Attanasio. Not an official Brewers release, but figured I'd grab one just in case it became a high value bobble in the future.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

This is the third one I've missed on, the first one I bowed out to a fellow board member. The other two I was too busy to bid on. Was trying to get one before it went public, but now... I'm led to think it was from either one of his companies or one of his four minor league teams he owns.

• 4 weeks later...

Got the following information on this bobblehead from another message board:

504 of this bobble were purchased by PJH Associates. It was not a Brewers giveaway & it was NOT purchased by management as giveaways to employees. This is all from a source in the Brewers organization who contacted the vendor that was assumed to have made this bobble.

• 2 weeks later...
My source indicated there are 120 of these, and they were given away at a conference he spoke at wherever the college is that is on the sponsor plaque. I know a guy who has 8 of them if youre looking for one let me know...

that college is Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT) i'm still struggling about this link between minority brewers owner / self-promoting hedge fun capitalist / bauble is dude in black suit-purple tie and why this would be coveted by any sports/team memorabelia collector.

no need to rain on anyones parade but in this thread that is certainly a fair discussion. heavens knows what kind of involvement a minority owner has outside of buying his share low and selling it high.. bingo - hedge fund.

Yup, it's fair to discuss, but it's hard to dictate anyone else's collecting desires...

I thought it was a cool add with a Brewer connection, nothing more, so I got one.

The majority of Brewer collectors might not want one (or even know it exists), but this collector did. That is about all I have to add to the discussion.

Archived