Brewer Fanatic

2013 Playoffs LATEST: "CARDS LOSE! CARDS LOSE!" Boston Red Sox 2013 World Series Champions.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cmon Oakland!!!

Up 3-0 in the 5th.

Through 31 innings the Tigers have scored in only 2 of them.

Staily, the pitcher for Oakland has only thrown 41 pitches through 4 innings. Tigers offense gotta keep em down!

I don't know what the ground rules are in Detroit but I can't imagine a fan reaching over the fence and taking away an opportunity for Reddick to make that catch is anything but fan interference. Of course it was called a homer, reviewed and upheld.

I don't know what the ground rules are in Detroit but I can't imagine a fan reaching over the fence and taking away an opportunity for Reddick to make that catch is anything but fan interference. Of course it was called a homer, reviewed and upheld.

I'm pretty sure the padding with the yellow line on top is the home run barrier, not the fence above and behind it. If the ball was going above the padding (which it looks like it was) there can be no fan interference even if a fan reaches over the fence and touches the ball.

Edit: they are showing some replays now that make it look really close as to whether the ball was over the padding when the fan touched it. A tough one to overturn.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Listening to the A's/Tigers game yesterday, the Detroit announcer stated that Oakland was 1-10 (now 1-11 after yesterday's game) in playoff games where they had a chance to eliminate their opponent (since the introduction of the wild card). Ouch.

Also, how did CB Bucknor get selected for umpire duty for the playoffs!?!

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3357219/detHR_medium.gif

Boy, that's a tough call. Based on the trajectory of the ball it's probably a home run, interference or not. However, it also looks like it's going right for Reddick's glove. It's probably ruled the same way as if he was reaching into the crowd to catch a foul ball - once it's out of play it's anyone's ball.

Reason 1,345 to love BF.net. There were already two posts about STL and the game has been over for 3 minutes.

I hate the Cards. Dodgers in 5. Bonus points if Kershaw "accidentally" lets one slip and drills TLR in the stands.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Reason 1,345 to love BF.net. There were already two posts about STL and the game has been over for 3 minutes.

I hate the Cards. Dodgers in 5. Bonus points if Kershaw "accidentally" lets one slip and drills TLR in the stands.

I'll be interested to see if Zack speaks frankly about STL again. If he does, it might reignite my fan crush all over again.

Hatred with the fire of a billion suns. Seriously.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Sad to see the Cardinals win.

[sarcasm]I'm sure the Pirates will continue to be a playoff-caliber team though, given their reliance on breakout performances from their young stars this year, like A.J. Burnett, Francisco Liriano, Mark Melancon, Jason Grilli, and Russell Martin. Nowhere to go but up![/sarcasm]

Community Moderator
As usual, the small market teams make the playoffs but are quickly eliminated. The A's are the only team left that I care about, I'm done with baseball for the year if they get eliminated. There's no fun in watching a game when you want both teams to lose.

Archived