Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Tue. 9/17 -- Helena Comes Up One Game Short

Mass Haas

Helena: RHP Barrett Astin at home vs. Idaho Falls (Royals), 7:50 PM Central pre-game, 8:05 gametime; best-of-three tied at one game apiece, this is it!

Free Live Audio Link

Voice of the Helena Brewers Steve Wendt is back on board, and this year he's added Twitter to the mix @steve_wendt. We've been treated to Steve's work for many years now (ten!); he is among the very best at the art of the pre-game interview, especially considering how at ease he makes all these first-time professional ballplayers.

Follow Tuesday's action as it happens with box score / game log links:

Helena Box Score / Game Log

Weather.com:

Helena, MT

I'm not going to last the entire game but I enjoyed listening to Steve even though the Brewers are currently on the wrong end of a 4-0 score.

I'll miss minor league baseball.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Final: Idaho Falls 6, @Helena 0

Helena box score

Close, but no chukar. The Brewers went out with a whimper, collecting just five hits while striking out 14 times. Barrett Astin allowed three unearned runs in five innings, and that was obviously all Idaho Falls needed. MH will have the full write-up for you in the morning.

Thanks for the fun season, H-Crew.

Helena play-by-play

Huge thanks to our Link Reporters, wish you had more wins to write about in 2013, but hopefully individual players will create future legacies in Milwaukee.

Thanks to all our daily followers, at times I wish the number was greater, but admittedly, it's a unique level of fan that we cater to, the organizational and minor league diehard. I tweet daily to over 1,240 Brewer fans, but it appears our daily in-season unique Link Report visits when all the affiliates are in action, averages around 300-400. We'll take that.

Stay here for all the offseason updates, Arizona Fall League news, Rule 5, etc.

Thanks everyone.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Huge thanks to our Link Reporters...

I'll agree with this x100. Certainly this feature alone makes this board stand out from any other forum I've ever seen. There is a LOT of work put into these features and its much appreciated!

*standing ovation*

Archived