Brewer Fanatic

Gindl in 2014

reillymcshane
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Have to wonder what happened to him this year. This is the same guy that posted an .862 OPS at AAA at age 22 and looked okay at the end of 2013 for the Brewers.

Exactly. Gindl looked like he belonged in the majors last year. He wasn't great or anything, but he had a respectable .779 OPS. Maybe he just got tired or frustrated and let it get to him. But I thought he had a future in the majors. Not so sure anymore.

I figured that outfield depth was a strength going into the season with Gindl and Schafer seemingly MLB-ready. Too bad neither of them stepped forward, forcing Melvin to trade for Parra and making them expendable.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Have to wonder what happened to him this year. This is the same guy that posted an .862 OPS at AAA at age 22 and looked okay at the end of 2013 for the Brewers.

Exactly. Gindl looked like he belonged in the majors last year. He wasn't great or anything, but he had a respectable .779 OPS. Maybe he just got tired or frustrated and let it get to him. But I thought he had a future in the majors. Not so sure anymore.

Maybe next spring we will find out he had some injury or another that he couldn't injure further, so he played, but he will be better in 2015.

Maybe next spring we will find out he had some injury or another that he couldn't injure further, so he played, but he will be better in 2015.

Hard to believe they would have removed him from the 40 man roster if that were the case. They could have brought him up to the majors and placed him on the 60 day DL and protected him from waivers.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Pure wild speculation on my part, but a guy like Gindl knows the team wants to see power numbers. Instead of letting the HRs come naturally, you start pressing to hit the ball out of the park. There has to be tremendous pressure on a lot of these guys who are pretty good hitters, but know they need to rack up HR count if they're going to be a part of the plan.

Archived