Brewer Fanatic

Demand, meet Khris Davis -- Teams All Looking for RH Power Corner OF's

Mass Haas
Who cares what kind of prospect he is/was. What matters is that he is getting the job done, and one of the few bright spots we had this year.

When talking about his trade value, his prospect ranking is very relevant.

Whose prospect ranking? Baseball America or any other media ranking is completely irrelevant. The only thing that is relevant is the potential acquiring team's prospect ranking and perceived value/upside.

Just a thought but what about trading him to the Astros for Dominguez. The Brewers get a young 3b and the Astros get a guy that can mash with that short left field and play DH.

That's a tough call. We get a Defensive 3b with some middle of the line Batting ability but a guy who's OB is scary. We mix this team with Gennett,Segura,Gomez,Dominguez,Schafer? That's just a ton of no BBs all hits for OB for an NL team. We could be looking at a full squad of all 5 of them with under .300 OB being more likely than over .325OB. That's the thing with Davidson from Arizona same lack of OB%

I'd rather aim higher giving up Davis than Dominguez or Davidson due to his Power and still OB skills. All Davis has done is Rake in his career. But the scouting reads he's not going to be good for defense. Thus reading to me as DH/4th OF. Teams like Tampa/Houston/Texas/Minnesota/White Sox I'm sure could find a home for Davis.

It'd be great to snag one of Houston's promising pitchers but not likely. Maybe Oberholzer? Kind of a similar looking player to Davis in terms of the overlooked but capable and not a high round draft choice. Lefty! Yay! For Houston to me really depends what they decide to do with Chris Carter. Singleton should be at 1b and do they really use Carter as a DH? or ship him to some other team? If they view Carter as their DH then I don't see a reason Houston would entertain trading for Davis.

It really is just too bad Davis can't defend 1b.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
In the NL, generally speaking your OF's will accumulate close to 2000 AB's per season, between starters and pinch hitting appearances. Knowing this, why should we be looking to trade him? Braun has consistently had a few nagging injuries throughout his career, Gomez plays like every game is Game 7 of the World Series and therefore misses a few games here and there to rest/recover. We need to have 4 guys that we consider "everyday" players that we can count on for 400-500 AB's per season.

In the NL, generally speaking your OF's will accumulate close to 2000 AB's per season, between starters and pinch hitting appearances. Knowing this, why should we be looking to trade him? Braun has consistently had a few nagging injuries throughout his career, Gomez plays like every game is Game 7 of the World Series and therefore misses a few games here and there to rest/recover. We need to have 4 guys that we consider "everyday" players that we can count on for 400-500 AB's per season.

Because the Brewers have a lot of OF that can be your #4,5, and even 6th choice. There is Gindl, Schafer, and Ke. Davis all of which are about equal in talent to Kh. Davis. If you can trade one asset for an asset that you have an adequate supply of for something you have very little of then you need to make that trade. If you can get a solid player at a position of need for Kh. Davis, Gindl, Schafer, or Aoki you make that trade. Basically what it comes down to is if you can trade Player A for Player B and player B improves your team more you should be making that trade. Losing Kh. Davis in a trade where you get something in return that is more valuable to your team should be a trade that is made every opportunity that you get.

Who cares what kind of prospect he is/was. What matters is that he is getting the job done, and one of the few bright spots we had this year.

When talking about his trade value, his prospect ranking is very relevant.

Whose prospect ranking? Baseball America or any other media ranking is completely irrelevant. The only thing that is relevant is the potential acquiring team's prospect ranking and perceived value/upside.

They probably give a good insight into what other teams think.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

The reality is the rankings, not just of Davis individually, but of the Brewer organization as a whole can certainly lower the value of their players/prospects in the eyes of other teams. Just listen to the talking heads on ESPN tearing down Gennett last night, then going silent after he gets two hits as if they didn't see them. Contrast that with the near adoration of every player wearing a Cardinal uniform. They like many GM's are pre-programmed not to put any stock in Brewer farmhand having short lived success at the major league level.

The problem with trading someone like Davis is that there are so many question marks surrounding him that you will not get enough back to merit the risk of trading away someone who could potentially be a decent MLB player. You are most likely either going to get a so-so veteran for one year (most likely a trade deadline deal like the Hairston deal), or someone in a similar situation (very little fanfare who is blocked or given up on by their organization). Do you risk giving up on someone who could be a 20-HR/year guy for that?

It just makes so much more sense to trade Aoki, even for little return, than it does to trade Davis, Gindl or Schafer, that I can't believe trading one of the young guys is at all likely. Maybe as part of a bigger trade, but not in a stand-alone deal.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

No way Davis is only a 20 HR guy in a full season of at bats. The thing that a lot of people forget is that this guy is a hitter, he hits for average AND power. I think 25-30 HR per season would be a good starting point.

For whatever reasons, Davis is under rated, by the media, the organization, and the fans...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived