Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks Thread 2008–2009 (part 2)

ILuvDaBush
  • Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
There's a rumor floating around that the Bucks traded Malik Allen to the Nuggets for swingman Sonny Weems.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I don't know why Denver would do that if Weems is non-guaranteed, unless they somehow think that an expiring contract (as a trading chip at the deadline) will be more valuable than actually saving money. But whatever, I'll take it.

I'd be sad to see him go, but overpaying for role players is a big reason why the Bucks' are in their current financial situation. Unless Scott Skiles and John Hammond are certain that Ramon Sessions is going to be a starter on a championship calibur team in Milwaukee, I don't think that he's worth the full MLE.

I hope they match. IMO Sessions is already worth the MLE, and will continue to get better. I don't see any problems w/ having him and Jennings on the roster, Sessions showed that he can play SG reasonably well. If it ever gets to be a problem, I don't think it would be hard to trade him.

I'd be sad to see him go, but overpaying for role players is a big reason why the Bucks' are in their current financial situation. Unless Scott Skiles and John Hammond are certain that Ramon Sessions is going to be a starter on a championship calibur team in Milwaukee, I don't think that he's worth the full MLE.

I see what you're saying, but I don't think it applies to Sessions. Bobby Simmons had no upside, and Gadz really didn't have much either, due to how foul-prone he is and iirc he was already pretty old when he signed that deal, so he probably already peaked. Ramon is only 23, and plays a premier position. Even if he doesn't improve, the contract would still be justified. Not to mention the trade value if BJ3 blows up.

As for your second point, Sessions doesn't have to be a starter on a championship caliber team if he gets that rumoured deal. Championship teams can't have the Michael Redd's of the world locked up to max dollars, but a good, young 6th man for a 4 yr MLE? No problem.

I hope there is no sign and trade with the Knicks as I don't really like anybody on their roster, unless they could perhaps unload Bell or Gadz but the Knicks want cap space for 2010. I doubt the Clippers are interested anymore but I wonder if they would have done a Sessions/Bell trade for maybe Camby in return.

Championship teams can't have the Michael Redd's of the world locked up to max dollars.

Agreed ... and for the record, I wouldn't be terribly upset about the Bucks matching a MLE offer for Sessions. John Hammond is obviously a better evaluator of basketball talent than I am. Part of my hesitation also stems from the fact that I've read that, along with Charlie V, Sessions happened to be one of the most immature guys on the team last year. With the addition of Brandon Jennings and the looming possibility of the Bucks dealing their only seasoned PG in Luke Ridnour, can Skiles handle two young egos?

Part of my hesitation also stems from the fact that I've read that, along with Charlie V, Sessions happened to be one of the most immature guys on the team last year. With the addition of Brandon Jennings and the looming possibility of the Bucks dealing their only seasoned PG in Luke Ridnour, can Skiles handle two young egos?

Can I ask where you read that Sessions and Charlie V were the most immature guys on the team? I haven't heard anything and I like to think I follow the Bucks enough to hear something like that.

I've heard things about Joe Alexander's maturity too. But is it any coincidence that these were also some of the youngest players on the team?

Though I have to admit, CV labeled as immature kind of surprises me, unless that's just referring to the overblown halftime tweet incident.

Can I ask where you read that Sessions and Charlie V were the most immature guys on the team? I haven't heard anything and I like to think I follow the Bucks enough to hear something like that.

Of course, I read it on RealGM. A user provided a personal account of Andrew Bogut's "Victorian Bushfire Appeal Charity Night." According to his post, Sessions and Villanueva showed up late and did not wear that same professional attire as the other players in attendance. Even though they were nice enough to greet all of the donors, they were not as personable as some of the other Bucks. They hung off to the side, joked around, and left early. Here is the link to the topic:

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=895237

Obviously, it's only one person's observations, so you have to take it with a grain of salt. However, it's actually a good read if you want to find out how some of the Bucks handle themselves off of the court. As a bonus, you can read about Dan Gadzuric's date!

You got that they were the two most immature guys based on that? Voluntarily giving up there time at a charity event and in his eyes not being as personable as some of the other guys? I think I'll still take my chances on Ramon Sessions.

You got that they were the two most immature guys based on that? Voluntarily giving up there time at a charity event and in his eyes not being as personable as some of the other guys? I think I'll still take my chances on Ramon Sessions.

For the record, I would like to point out that I never said that Ramon Sessions' eyes were not personable. I'm not sure how you made that conclusion from my post. Obviously, that's not the way to make personnel decisions ... but could the Bucks do much worse? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif Obviously, I'm putting more faith in one individual's personal account than you are. That's all there is to it.

I hope they match. IMO Sessions is already worth the MLE, and will continue to get better. I don't see any problems w/ having him and Jennings on the roster, Sessions showed that he can play SG reasonably well. If it ever gets to be a problem, I don't think it would be hard to trade him.
Agreed. At 23 years old he averaged 12.4 ppg, 5.7 apg, and a 3:1 assist:turnover ratio in only 27.5 minutes per game; with a healthy Redd and Bogut the assists should increase, and at his age he should get better. I'm not ready to turn over the reigns to a 19-year-old rookie, and the fact that he can sub at shooting guard adds to his value.

That being said, if they can get even better value in a sign and trade I'm all for that. But I'm not in favor of letting him walk with no compensation - he's too good to let go. I'd rather cut Bell and eat his salary then let Sessions go for nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived