Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks Thread 2008–2009 (part 2)

ILuvDaBush

Marcus Haislip has signed a deal with the Spurs.

And according to Rotoworld Ersan Ilysova has agreed to a deal to return to the Bucks. The deal should be announced tomorrow.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Marcus Haislip??? Where has he been the last four years?

Also, somewhat under the radar, is that the Bucks a few weeks ago signed Salim Stoudamire. Is he really a possibility to make the team?

That Marcus Haislip??? Where has he been the last four years?

Also, somewhat under the radar, is that the Bucks a few weeks ago signed Salim Stoudamire. Is he really a possibility to make the team?

Salim might make the team if and only if he can shoot like he was projected to out of college because he has no other real attributes

I believe Stoudamire signed with the team during the last week of the season. He was signed with an eye toward next year and wasn't active for a game. He could provide a nice shooter off the bench if he makes the team.

Haislip played in Europe the past few years and was one of the better foreign free agents along with Ersan. Reports say he's improved a ton and might actually make himself useful in the NBA.

Stoudamire will need to have Andrew Bogut take him suit shopping if he really wants to replace Damon Jones. He's not a 1, and too small to play a 2. If he makes the team, his role is going to be to shoot 3-pointers in garbage time.

Stoudamire will need to have Andrew Bogut take him suit shopping if he really wants to replace Damon Jones. He's not a 1, and too small to play a 2. If he makes the team, his role is going to be to shoot 3-pointers in garbage time.

Its probably too early to say that, I could see him filling a Tim Legler, Eddie House type role as a sniper off the bench. The man can flat out shoot. Also w/ Sessions being 6'3" he could probably guard the sg w/ stoudamre covering the pg some of the time.

I could see him filling a Tim Legler, Eddie House type role as a sniper off the bench.

isn't that why meeks was drafted?

I saw an interview that Dennis Krause did with the Bucks GM and they believe Meeks can be a defensive difference maker. Maybe like a Raja Bell in his prime (my comparison, not theirs).

Glad to have Ersan back. I'm a big believer of him. He was so young his first time around here and he's filled in quite a bit since then. He's still only like 22 years old too.

Agreed on Ersan. From what I recall of his game, he was pretty skilled and pretty raw. I'm hoping he could be a real shot in the arm for the offense, as well as a nice young athlete to run the floor.

Ersan was (and still is) a terrific athlete. He'll be a very good addition. The past few years it's seemed (I could be wrong) the Bucks lacked athleticism. This year that should not be a problem.

Maybe like a Raja Bell in his prime (my comparison, not theirs).

Bell is a very good defender. How is Meeks' defense? If he becomes a good defender the Bell comparison could be very apt. Bell's always been a very good three point shooter.

Jwaltz...I really agree with your assessment on the athletes. I'm not sure how many more games this team will win in 2009-10, but they have to be better athletically. I know this is an over used phrase, but the "up-side" for this team has greatly increased. If they can keep Bogut on the floor and Redd can be a 2nd option shooter...they could be Ok.

Maybe like a Raja Bell in his prime (my comparison, not theirs).

Bell is a very good defender. How is Meeks' defense? If he becomes a good defender the Bell comparison could be very apt. Bell's always been a very good three point shooter.

I'm definitely not saying Meeks walks as good as Bell, but they believe he has the size, desire and athleticism to be the defender/three-point shooter-type. That's exactly the kind of guy I think you are looking for with a second round pick. I'll be very interested to read the reports about his play in Vegas.

I'm thinking about spending $15 on the Summer League Pass, as well. That works out to $3 per game and you can view live or archived versions. Has anyone used this feature in the past? I'm wondering what the production quality is like. Does the NBA provide commentary and some visuals or does it amount to a single camera webcast?

With Jennings, Alexander, Mbah a Moute, Meeks, Stoudamire, and Johnson all on the roster, these games are shaping up to be entertaining!

Jim Paschke tweeted earlier that former Bucks announcer Eddie Doucette is calling 8 of the games, so I'm guessing at least some of the internet feeds will have commentary. I suspect that those ones might be on NBATV as well. As for the rest, I haven't heard anything specific.

It's $15 a game for me to go there. Thinking about it quite a bit, just not sure if it will fit my schedule. If I can make it I will take a lot of pictures and bring reports back to the site.

I didn't shell out $15 for the Summer League Pass. I just didn't think that sitting in front of a 15'' screen in an old desk chair would be all that relaxing. For anyone who watched the game- how was the quality of the video?

From what I understand, the Bucks turned in a solid outing on Friday. It seems like Joe Alexander was the only one who raised some red flags. 4 for 18 ... wow. Let's hope that he was just working out some nerves.

Archived