Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks Thread 2008–2009 (part 2)

ILuvDaBush
I don't mind that trade assuming that they guarantee that they will bring back sessions and get a pg at 10. We don't need 3 of them. Clearing cap room will benefit us next year to bring back players like LRMB who will be restricted after this season. The problem is that they have so many bad contracts, salary room needs to be cleared somehow to bring back players who can actually contribute.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love it. I love what Hammond is doing.

I think we finally have a GM that realizes you're either rebuilding or competing for a championship. You can't do both at the same time, which is what the Bucks have been doing for the last 6 years now.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Very happy about all of this. Its likely that we'll draft a PG, so assuming Sessions is re-signed, Ridnour is surplus. If we can clear his salary, we can potentially pick up more draft picks, sign Ersan, or even an MLE if the right player was available.

I agree and as someone else pointed out earlier, the team as it was may have only competed for a #8 seed and then after that they would be rebuilding anyway with the contracts they had. So why not get a jump start on it like Hammond is doing now and build some longe term sustainability?

I wonder if a Gadz and Redd to the Rockets for TMac could happen. TMac will be in his final year of his contract giving the Bucks a lot of salary cap space after next year. This would also help out the Rockets giving them a shooter in Redd and C depth for next year with Yao's injury being in question.

I'm going to go with the Bucks taking Jennings and Jerel McNeal or Dionte Christmas in the 2nd round.

Bucks take one of Hill/Holliday/Jennings, in that order. Out of those three, I'd want Holliday. Him and Sessions could easily play together in the backcourt. I think Flynn is gonna be gone, but if he's there, they'll take him.

There's been rumors of DeRozan maybe falling. If he's there at 10, the Bucks better take him. I think he's got as good of a chance at being a star as anyone in the draft.

Looks like the pick for the Bucks will be Holliday. Not so surprising so far, other than the fact Curry was taken by....Golden State?! I'm sure Knicks fans are thrilled about that. They didn't get too bad of a consolation prize in Hill, though.

Some analyst somewhere in the last week said something about Holiday - he said that he can't recall Holiday making many, if any, plays last year. And I think he was right; Holiday seems to be more athletic ability and not so much playmaker. Looking at the highlights and what they have to say about Jennings, it seems like he has a lot of upside. I'm OK with the pick.

NO! WHY'D WE TAKE JENNINGS?!
It was a good pick. Though I like Holiday better he is a better defensive PG than Jennings but it is not a bad pick. Jennings and Holiday are the two players I was thinking the Bucks were going to take. I really thought for awhile there when Holiday started to fall that it was going to be Holiday and not Jennings.

Jennings is a suprising pick. He kind of irked me with his comments on Rubio earlier on, but whatever. I hope he gets the Fresh Prince of Belair hair back at least.
3TO Apostle

The plan should've been Flynn, then Holliday, THEN Jennings. Holliday was the better option, and he was available.
No Jennings and Holiday are about equal. Holiday is more of a defensive player his scoring abilities is not that great. Holiday doesn't really have a jump shot to speak of and while he does drive to the lane it isn't any better than what the Bucks currently have. While Jennings who is not as good defensively as Holiday he is a better offensive player and is more mature and I believe that will help translate into Jennings being the better player than Holiday.

NO! WHY'D WE TAKE JENNINGS?!
It was a good pick. Though I like Holiday better he is a better defensive PG than Jennings but it is not a bad pick. Jennings and Holiday are the two players I was thinking the Bucks were going to take. I really thought for awhile there when Holiday started to fall that it was going to be Holiday and not Jennings.

I know, it's not a horrible pick, but I thought it was a lock that once Holliday fell to the Bucks that we'd take him. Even the guys on ESPN said Jennings would be a "project player".

It's too bad we didn't have another 1st rounder so we could get Blair. I don't think McNeal will be necessary in the 2nd round, so I wouldn't be surprised if they pick a guy nobody's every heard of.

The Bucks are going to have to take another guard later in the 2nd round I wouldn't be surprised if the Bucks traded Ridnour and another player for a late 1st round pick I'm not sure though if that will happen though.

Remember Redd won't be available until about 1 or 2 months into the season and I doubt Bell/Ridnour will be on the team. The Bucks are going to need another guard and preferably a #2 guard. McNeal and Christmas could both be a #2 guard more so Christmas than McNeal though.

Archived