Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks Thread 2008–2009 (part 2)

ILuvDaBush
based on the mocks that i have seen and assuming that the bucks will take a pg at 10, i have decided that my top choices of players that should be around is #1 Flynn, #2 Lawson, #3 Teague, #4 Holliday, #5 Jennings. I'd like the bucks to look at Jeff Adrien at 41 to fill a need at PF.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really, really hope we pick a PF. I just can't see any of these PGs (and that includes Ricky Rubio and his 7+ turnovers per 40) being better than Ramon Sessions. If we're not going to get a significant improvement at that position out of the #10 pick, I'd rather just package it with a contract if at all possible, and use that money to re-sign a somewhat proven player.

I'll disagree a bit in that the PG's project to be available @ #10 (Flynn seemingly the best one) would be more then an adequate replacement for Sessions an a player the team would have under control for 3 years.

Jordan Hill = Joe Alexander + 2 inches of height

That's drafting for need not BPA,

At least we didn't have to trade up for Joe

The realgm crowd seems pretty sold on this too as they were on JA when he was picked.

and unless we're 100% confident that that Ramon Sessions is resigning we sure as heck better be picking on of the PGs. Luke Ridnour would be our only PG. I don't need to say anymore.

Thanks Hammond.

I would be ok w/ Jennings, Holliday or Flynn. I think they all could be good pros w/ Jennings and Holliday having the biggest upside. I've heard they have Jordan Hill at the top of their draft chart, which concerns me a little bit because of how clumsy he looks in his clips, although he does have good numbers and size.

Hill hasn't played basketball all that long though. I wouldn't mind the pick in certain situations, but this team needs a guy that will hit the court running year 1. Hill very well could turn out to be a top 5 pick in this draft 3 years from now, but I don't see how that would help the team now. For a team that needs help right now, I wouldn't mind taking Tyler at number 10.

If they do pick Hill, maybe that's an indication that they're bringing Sessions back?

Even if they were to bring back Sessions, we should pick Tyreke Evans or Demar Derozan who would actually be big needs if we traded Alexander and Jefferson.

We'd be adding salary in the deal I saw so I don't believe we'd be able to afford the pick, Sessions, Ersan, ect.

Even if they were to bring back Sessions, we should pick Tyreke Evans or Demar Derozan who would actually be big needs if we traded Alexander and Jefferson.

Your planning on 'ifs' though. 'If' they don't trade Alexander or Jefferson and draft Hill, to me that might mean Sessions is back. We really don't know what the plan is, but we should get a better idea on Thursday night.

EDIT: I stand corrected. There's no 'if' about trading Jefferson http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

My top 3 players are Holiday, Derozan, and Lawson those three are the ones I would like to see the Bucks draft. Also Alexander to me is more of a SF than he is a PF I just wish Alexander could shoot a little bit better and be able to drive to the basket a lot better than he does right now. Alexander also needs to work on his defense. With the trade going through today the Bucks should be able to keep at least one of Sessions or Villanueva and their #1 draft pick.

I am hoping that Holiday drops to the Bucks. I believe he is the best player in the draft behind Griffin and would make the Bucks a contender in a year or two. Next thing that would be good is to trade Redd during the season and see if we can get out of that contract also.

Hill hasn't played basketball all that long though.

Joe Alexander hadn't either. That can work if you're in total rebuilding mode and he can learn on the job, but I don't see that happening with the Bucks. If he's not going to perform, Skiles will leave him on the bench.

I think DeRozan has bust written all over him. His athleticism is fantastic, but the kid can't shoot. He won't be able to score consistently solely on his athleticism. He turns the ball over a decent amount, and his rebounding, block, and steal numbers are all pretty pedestrian. He's young, so i could be wrong, but I don't want the Bucks to take him. I think Flynn or Lawson should be the pick, and honestly I'd lean toward Lawson. Holiday would be alright, but I really don't think he'll stick at PG. If they decided to go for a PF I like Blair a lot, but 10 is too high for him. I say Flynn or Lawson to fill the PG need, and they might be able to pick up a decent PF with the second pick. I wish DeMarre Carroll was a little bit taller.

Nothing sells tickets like picking up a slew of expiring contracts.

It does if it allows you to bring Sessions back. I'd rather watch Sessions than Jefferson brick jumpers and not rebound.

That can work if you're in total rebuilding mode and he can learn on the job, but I don't see that happening with the Bucks. If he's not going to perform, Skiles will leave him on the bench.

That's the point I made in my original post and I don't think that Hill should/will play right away. He's more of a developmental guy IMO. He could be good, but it's going to take some time since he doesn't have a lot of experience playing basketball. I watched him a few times this year and he looked good at times, but also looked pretty bad too.

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it. Let's not forget Bogut was selected (in part) instead of Chris Paul or Deron Williams because they already had TJ Ford and another PG who's name I forget. PG will probably be the BPA at 10, and that's who they should pick. Flynn, Lawson, or Holiday would be a great pick that low in the draft and any of those guys would be as good or better an overall player than Sessions immediately.

In a way, I like drafting at 10 this year. You get a proven player. Earlier in the draft you're "forced" to take high celing guys that may not pan out. Heck, I wouldn't even like to be at #1 and "force" to spend the max on Griffin.

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it. Let's not forget Bogut was selected (in part) instead of Chris Paul or Deron Williams because they already had TJ Ford and another PG who's name I forget. PG will probably be the BPA at 10, and that's who they should pick. Flynn, Lawson, or Holiday would be a great pick that low in the draft and any of those guys would be as good or better an overall player than Sessions immediately.

In a way, I like drafting at 10 this year. You get a proven player. Earlier in the draft you're "forced" to take high celing guys that may not pan out. Heck, I wouldn't even like to be at #1 and "force" to spend the max on Griffin.

The #1 pick that year was basically between Bogut and Marvin Williams, and I think every team in the lottery was thinking that way, I don't think that it had anything to do w/ TJ Ford. I also think you are underrating Sessions, he was a very good player for the Bucks last season and he is still very young.

Well if this is about Hill I'd imagine most experts would think you're wrong. If he slips to #10, he most likely will be the BPA. I guess that does depend on what guards are left, but Hill would still be considered a better prospect than any PG available. I do agree though that they should take the BPA and if it's Hill they should take him given your theory. I don't disagree with that, but Hill will take a bit more to develop so that means he'll ride the pine next year. I don't know how much patience Bucks fans have though.

The "max"? The NBA has slots for the picks so it's not like the NFL or anything like that. I'd be willing to trade up to #1 to get Griffin. He's going to be a stud...the rest of the draft is a bunch of unknown in my opinion and Griffin is the only guy who looks like he could be a superstar in the not so distant future.

Holiday won't be as good as Sessions immediately. Holiday is a better defender than Sessions but Sessions is better offensively than Holiday. Bogut was the consensus #1 pick not b/c the Bucks had Ford. Ford had very little to do with the Bucks picking Bogut I remember people gushing over Marvin Williams and he should have been taken over Bogut it really was between Bogut and Marvin Williams. Chris Paul and Deron Williams really werent in the conversation at the #1 pick. If the Bucks would have been picking lower in the draft then I would have expected the Bucks to take on of those two if they would have fallen that far that is.

I don't see the Bucks being a different team if they would have drafted either Deron Williams or Chris Paul with the #1 pick. Gadzuric would be the starting C more than likely if the Bucks would have drafted Paul or Williams with the #1 pick that year. This team would still be about average to below average with Paul and without Bogut.

I guess I've thought in the NBA draft you just take what you think is the best player on the board at your spot and go from there. I know other drafts where multiple players make your team or system might be different, but since fewer then 1/2 of the guys picked even stick 3 years; you have to take talent regardless of position.

I really like Terrence Williams, DeJuan Blair, and Brandon Jennings tonight. All 3 should be available at 10, hopefully the Bucks can find a surprise there.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

So the Bucks are now contemplating a Ridnour for Stackhouse swap with Stackhouse being bought out?

And it is "highly unlikely" that Villanueva will be back.

What is Hammond trying to do? Does he think he can sign LeBron James or Dwayne Wade next year or what?

If Ridnour is traded I would ahve to think that Session would be brough back for sure and a PG would probably be taken. Of course if they don't keep Kurt Thomas then they have a huge hole at PF.

If Ridnour is traded it would probably allow us to bring back Villanueva.

I'm hoping we draft Flynn or Jennings, and then make a trade for a pick in the 20 range and get Blair or Hansborough. For the 2nd rounder I want Ahmad Nivins or DeColo.

Archived