Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2008 (July – Dec.)

jwill535
  • Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That could be my Domino, he has some issues... Yes I like cats better than dogs. They are much easier to take care of for someone who isn't home all that much.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

we had a 3-inch long lizard in our house this afternoon. Not sure of how he got inside but he did a nice run back and forth across the living room carpet before disappearing behind the entertainment center.

Most bizarre thing I've seen in this house.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Whats the trick with chopsticks? I'm serviceable with them and I like using them, but am not proficient. Any pointers?

Just lots of practice. I too used to be serviceable with them, but I only ever used them sporadically. For whatever reason, me and the lady have been making/going out for a lot of Asian cuisine recently so I've been using them nonstop and no longer think about it when I'm using them. I even ate my cereal with them the other day.

I've spent the last 20 minutes using Yuku's various cruddy search tools trying to find one poster's recent remark about Cubs fans, their fake tan girlfriends, and various other funny spot-on generalizations. I knew at the time I should've copied and pasted it elsewhere. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

I saw the strangest play during the Yankee game today. Top of the 9th, one out, Yanks leading by 2 in TX, Betemit on 1st, Molina hits a soft chopper to the second baseman, it bounces once before him, and he throws to the first baseman, who steps on the bag. But when the ball was hit, Betemit started going towards second, but then went back to first AND was standing on the bag when the ball arrived. So he was safe, and Molina was out. Why didn't the 2nd baseman throw to second? Why did Betemit go back to first so quickly? It didn't look like it was going to be a popup to me. I hope one of the writers ask Betemit or the second baseman what they were thinking.

I saw the strangest play during the Yankee game today. Top of the 9th, one out, Yanks leading by 2 in TX, Betemit on 1st, Molina hits a soft chopper to the second baseman, it bounces once before him, and he throws to the first baseman, who steps on the bag. But when the ball was hit, Betemit started going towards second, but then went back to first AND was standing on the bag when the ball arrived. So he was safe, and Molina was out. Why didn't the 2nd baseman throw to second? Why did Betemit go back to first so quickly? It didn't look like it was going to be a popup to me. I hope one of the writers ask Betemit or the second baseman what they were thinking.

I don't know if anyone cares, but Yankee beat writer Tyler Kepner made a post about this on the NY Times baseball blog. I'm still interested in what Betemit or the second baseman Kinsler were thinking.

I turned on the Puppy Games on Animal Planet for my puppy. Everytime the puppies on there bark, she barks and when she sees them playing she'll jump up and put her front paws on the TV screen trying to play with them.

some people won't date a smoker--I won't date a fan of the Eagles (the band).

Well then, you're not going to like me (not that I would want to date you) because I was listening to Already Gone during a Tequila Sunrise at Hotel California. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

When Hotel California was released, the lyrics seriously scared me. "You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave!" = nightmarish prospect for 10-year-old girl.

I still change the station whenever it comes on the radio.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived