Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2008 (July – Dec.)

jwill535
  • Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bullox, let's ignore Giambi's arm and appreciate the mustache.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I'm thinking that they would have to make the Dodgers and Brewers make up the game, and then use MLB rule #33 if the Brewers lost and therefore Brewers and Cubs had the same record.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/about/division_ties.shtml

Excerpts from Major League Rule 33 and Major League Rule 34

Scenario #1: If there is a tie for a Division Championship and the winning percentage of the two Clubs tied for first place is higher than the winning percentage of each of the second-place Clubs in the same League, the Division Champion shall be:

The Club with the higher winning percentage in head-to-head competition between the two tied Clubs during the championship season; or

If the Clubs remain tied, then to the tied Club with the higher winning percentage in intradivision games during the championship season; or

If the Clubs remain tied, then to the tied Club with the higher winning percentage in the last half of intraleague games during the championship season; or

If the Clubs remain tied, then to the tied Club with the higher winning percentage in the last half plus one of intraleague games during the championship season, provided that such additional game was not a game between the two tied Clubs. This process will be followed game-by-game until the tie is broken.

Today there were having a beach rugby tournament down at Bradford Beach. A men's and a women's tournament.

I didn't know beach rugby existed.

I didn't know women played beach rugby. Lot's of grabbing and tackling going on.

iHARTbrewCREW[/b]]My bunny is finally potty trained, so i let it roam around my room whenever.
This sentence is right up there with "dude my grandma drank all my pot" on the strange-o-meter.

Everyday(minus today and Friday) for about a week I've gone to centsports.com and 2lined the brewers and the over.

The over loses and the brewers win every time. The twice I didn't do it brewers lose. I think I know what I'm doing tomorrow on my lunch.

This morning at the farm my dad and I looked at an empty calving pen and decided we'd get to watch a good chunk of the game because nothing was happening in there, and our other chores could wait until after the game. 11:00 rolls around and(to my dismay) FOUR cows start calving. This leads to me pulling and feeding calves until well after the game is over.

Thank God for small favors.

Running a sod farm is a bear. I knew a sod farm family years ago. It's lots of work and your really at the mercy of the market.

Spell check doesn't like that I spell until with 2 l's everytime. I've done it forever and just can't stop.

I brought work home with me this weekend, and instead of actually doing it, I got hooked on playing Civilization IV for seven hours tonight. now it's midnight and I have two hours of work to do yet. stupid CivIV, I'm going to give you away so I can't play you anymore.

I was watching Baseball Tonight and my TV froze up while Steve Phillips was talking. I haven't been this happy in years.

Funniest thing I've read in months!!

I'm still amazed that a "professional" baseball team hired him as a GM. And the Mets wonder why they are having problems.

I'm having a blast over at the politics and religion forum!
Linked here... ahem.

I've recently become very proficient at using chopsticks.

Oops. I should have supplied a link.

Whats the trick with chopsticks? I'm serviceable with them and I like using them, but am not proficient. Any pointers?

Archived