Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2008 (July – Dec.)

jwill535
  • Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think I am in love with Missy Higgins' accent. Australian accents are ridiculously hot.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I had to bump this thread beacuse I wanted to vent about how my boyfriend has poisoned my mind. Just now in a thread, the one about Watchmen, after I said I was waiting for RobertR to post, I typed "The circle is now complete." My insane boyfriend has made me watch Star Wars so much (and I aleady liked the films!) that I'm starting to quote random lines all over the place. *sigh*

Katie Holmes in Batman Begins = Jar-Jar Binks in The Phantom Menace

Thankfully Christopher Nolan had the good sense to re-cast.

That's really unfair to Katie Holmes. She was bad. Jar-Jar Binks was laughably bad.

If it's unfair to anyone, it's Jar-Jar. Katie Holmes did her best to ruin that movie for me in every scene she had. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Mad Men is a flat-out, kick-[butt] show. The way it addresses the 'upper' classes & what that means/how one gets there is just brilliant. Literally every character on the show that has a privileged life is 'there' due to either just being born into it, or accepting skeletons in the closet to get there.

EDIT: I don't want to just stop there -- the show handles all of the following brilliantly:

sexuality, gender roles, marriage/fidelity, caste, etc. The list goes on & on

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Katie Holmes in Batman Begins = Jar-Jar Binks in The Phantom Menace

Thankfully Christopher Nolan had the good sense to re-cast.

While Katie Holmes was pretty bad in that movie, Jake Gyllenhaal's sister is so hard to look at. She is one of the ugliest women in Hollywood.

Katie Holmes just isn't a good actor. She was the only character I didn't like in the first batman. She's the Drew Barrymore of Donnie Darko. Everyone was a great actor except that one person out of place.

Katie Holmes is a bad actor, sure, but i thought it was more that she's so syrupy-sweet that she had no business in Batman Begins. She's got no depth; maybe she'd be better in a fairy-tale type of story or just go back to TV.

Maggie Gyllenhall reminds me a lot of Ashley Judd; i think she's pretty good-lookin'.

since Drew Barrymore was mentioned, i think she's really overrated looks-wise.

Archived