Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2008 (July – Dec.)

jwill535
  • Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My father-in-law's burial was today (funeral was 2 weeks ago--had to wait for snow removal, etc. at the cemetary). I found out that my wife and I received an additional Christmas present. My mother-in-law bought burial plots for everybody--her husband, her, my sister-in-law, and my wife and I. All next to each other.

Strangest "gift" I've ever been given.

Although, I did find out that she really didn't buy the plot. She bought the "right" to be buried in those spots.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I have found that the older I get the less fun Christmas is.

Oddly, for me personally, I think I appreciate the gifts a heck of a lot more. Granted, the older you get the less video games, 'toys', and fun stuff you get (and you're not getting up at 6 am to open gifts from Santa), but I seriously opened two pairs of jeans on Thurs and was like 'Wow, jeans! I really need these!'

when you apply for a Capital One credit card can you really put whatever image on the card that you want or are there restrictions?

I recently applied for one, and I believe the image has to be approved before it gets sent to you. In reality, and far from the perception of the commercials, they make you choose from a few stock images when you first apply, then if you choose you can upload your own image to put on a card and have it sent to you as a replacement for the first one.

Archived