Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2008 (July – Dec.)

jwill535

That would be sweet, if only it were true. But it turns out the S.O. had a CD maturing, and decided that putting it toward the mortgage would be better than letting it get 1% interest or whatever. (He didn't think I'd notice.) So, mystery solved, and yes, our mortgage is paid down about 40 percent.

Tom says he now personally owns the garage outright.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So the wife went out to finish her Christmas shopping last night and came home with more stuff for herself than anyone else. Odd.

Hmm, yes, odd.

Maybe this phenomena is related to a similar one where a person stops at Target for a couple specific things - yesterday, it was granola bars and laundry sheets for me - and ends up going home with a cart load of stuff.

Odd.

I went to the mall with my wife, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law last night. Now I remember why I've done all my Christmas shopping online for the last 8+ years. Ugh.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I went to the mall with my wife, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law last night. Now I remember why I've done all my Christmas shopping online for the last 8+ years. Ugh.

Ouch. My guess is the next posting we see from you is in the drunk thread.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Imagine if he had found something with Ned Yost on it. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Random observation: I don't think I've ever seen only two users online (plus one anonymous). I don't know if we three are stalwarts or losers.

Hmm, yes, odd.

Maybe this phenomena is related to a similar one where a person stops at Target for a couple specific things - yesterday, it was granola bars and laundry sheets for me - and ends up going home with a cart load of stuff.

Odd.

Don't even get me started on Target. The other one is Walgreens... Waiting for a prescription to be filled is prime-time for them to entice you to buy a bunch of crap.

The other one is Walgreens... Waiting for a prescription to be filled is prime-time for them to entice you to buy a bunch of crap.
I've been debating this for years with my wife. (Obviously I am losing)

She thinks Walgreens is great because they give away like 3-5 free products (after rebate) each month. So every single month my wife goes and gets all of the "free" items - fills out the rebate form, and get her rebate in the mail.

The problem is, she always buys other overpriced crap while she shops for the "free" items. Did I mention that we have about 100 toothbrushes in the basement right now and 25 bottles of shampoo? If you don't need the free stuff - it is garbage!

i've read that the grocery department in the big Wal-Marts are actually money-losers, but it's enough to get you in the store to shop around and buy other stuff. sorta like bread and milk in regular grocery stores, but they just do it for everything. probably why it also takes 45 minutes to get your oil change there. i'd love to be a mechanic at that place, the motto being "take however long you want."

I'm done with Walgreens. Their service is garbage. Why does it take 2 and a half hours to fill my prescription? It's nasal spray, which comes pre-packaged in a box. All they do is slap a sticker on it, and that's supposed to take over 2 hours? Forget 'em, I went to Albertson's and it literally took 5 minutes. My prescription has officially been transferred and I will never return to Walgreen's - they've been Crudaled.

So I'm at work today (not letting you down, state of Wisconsin taxpayers), and while that makes me feel a little surly, the driver of the bus I took to work was so surly that I now feel determined to not be "that guy."

I'm stuck at work today as well. The bright spot is the officer who found our gorilla head in Minneapolis wants to get on survivor and asked us to help him shoot some footage and put together a video to submit so we have something fun to work on. We are in the process of reenacting the crime, complete with him arresting the culprits in full Viking gear and mullet.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

The bright spot is the officer who found our gorilla head in Minneapolis...
I read that the head was found and thought of you (except I'd forgotten which poster was connected to the gorilla - so I wasn't immediately thinking "backupcatchers!", but rather "the poster from brewerfan!").

Well, while I'd rather be elsewhere, I am very grateful to not be in retail today, as an employee or customer.

I have found that the older I get the less fun Christmas is. I remember counting down the days and being on edge till it got here. Now it is just another holiday where I have to travel across town to 3 seperate Christmas's spread out over a week. Since I have enough crap already and dont need anything the joy of opening gifts is gone. The only redeeming quality is watching my 2 yr old daughter "MC Pee Pants" (yes from ATHF) opening a genuine "Backpack" backpack. She is in love with Dora the Explorer so when she opened it she acted like a Souther Baptist getting healed, throwing herself to the ground in joy.

Archived