Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2008 (July – Dec.)

jwill535
Buying your first home is incredibly nerve wracking, especially waiting to hear back about your offer. Just call already, I can't get any work done!!!
True dat, as even Bob Uecker would say. Twists and turns are just about the norm with that kind of transaction, but remember that the majority do work out in the end. Good luck.

Oh, and ttsather, don't forget the bacon lip balm. That Baconnaise link really lost me when I got to the part about the lip balm.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three random thoughts:

Good luck on the house, fondy. My fiancée and I are in the beginning stages of buying one (hopefully by this summer) and I've already started popping extra Prilosec just thinking about it.

In addition to looking for a new house, I'm looking for a new job. Anyone know of a really cushy, high-paying position where I can just stay at home and play with my daughter all day?

I took out my earrings this morning for the first time in nearly two years. They required a needlenose pliers for extraction.

My dad used to pull out my baby teeth with a needlenose pliers. When my kids were starting to lose their teeth, I thought everyone used a needlenose pliers, but apparently my dad was thinking out of the box.
Clearly he was thinking out of the toolbox.

I have a major problem here.

Our couch has a recliner on each side and the one on my side gets frequent usage. I love sitting here. Unfortunately, the little handle you pull to release the footrest just broke. it's a pretty new couch. I hope it's still under warranty of some sort. If not, this could be a catastrophe.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Madison's digital TV line up has a fairly new channel...27-2. It's the Retro TV Network. It has all of these TV shows that I remember as a kid. I have tried to watch some of the shows...and they are just plain awful. Also, I love the intros to some of the "action" shows. They all show highlights of some action scenes from different episodes. All of them do that.

Three random thoughts:

Good luck on the house, fondy. My fiancée and I are in the beginning stages of buying one (hopefully by this summer) and I've already started popping extra Prilosec just thinking about it.

I just got the call that they accepted our offer, Yay the panic attack is over (But I am sure I will bre freaking out until I actually have the keys in my hand). This home ownership thing is pretty cool. (As is the $7,500 First Time Home Owners Tax Credit we will be taking, we will be paying off the CC's from college, no credit card debt will be a great feeling)

My dad used to pull out my baby teeth with a needlenose pliers. When my kids were starting to lose their teeth, I thought everyone used a needlenose pliers, but apparently my dad was thinking out of the box.
So am I the only one who had a dad who would tie a string around his kid's tooth and the other end to a door knob and told them to "hold still" while he slammed the door?
Gruber Lawffices

I bought my Star Wars obsessed boyfriend Star Wars playing cards. They're actually pretty cool. Each one is a different poster, with many being from Europe or Asia. Finally, a piece of memorabilia that I'm not embarrassed to have around the apartment. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

So am I the only one who had a dad who would tie a string around his kid's tooth and the other end to a door knob and told them to "hold still" while he slammed the door?
I had that done to me. The suspense was way worse than the actual pulling of the teeth. That's why my preferred method was Great Grandma Lizzie. She was the sweetest old lady and she would want to "take a look" at her grand-children's loose teeth. Before you knew it you were short another tooth.

I enjoy following NCAA women's volleyball, but for a Badger fan this year's final four held only negative interest:

Stanford: Ended Wisconsin's season a few years back.

Texas: Ended Wisconsin's season a different year (a few years back).

Nebraska: Their coach used to be Wisconsin's coach. He left for the Nebraska job just in time to beat Wisconsin in the finals in 2000.

Penn State: College volleyball's nearest equivalent of the Yankees/Red Sox/Mets (without the payroll). 'Tis no team, 'tis a relentless volleyball machine. Unfortunately for the rest of the Big Ten conference, they're in the Big Ten, and the only drama in pre-season predictions is getting to be who finishes 2nd, 3rd, and so on.

I literally didn't want any of the teams to win. Of course, Penn State is the champion, again, finishing off an undefeated season match-wise (and nearly set-wise, as the only single game they lost was in the national semifinal Thursday night).

I was out playing with my dog in the snowstorm Saturday and thought it would be cool to take some pictures of her while in action. It took quite a few tries to throw a frisbee and take a picture at the same time and still manage to time the picture right so she was catching the frisbee as I took it. I did get some real cool ones then promptly forgot my phone in my pocket and washed it. I'm not sure if I'm more depressed about the wrecked phone or the lost pictures.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I was out playing with my dog in the snowstorm Saturday and thought it would be cool to take some pictures of her while in action. It took quite a few tries to throw a frisbee and take a picture at the same time and still manage to time the picture right so she was catching the frisbee as I took it. I did get some real cool ones then promptly forgot my phone in my pocket and washed it. I'm not sure if I'm more depressed about the wrecked phone or the lost pictures.
Does your phone have a memory card? I've put tons of SD cards through the wash, and all of them have worked fine after.

Does your phone have a memory card? I've put tons of SD cards through the wash, and all of them have worked fine after.

Yes it does. I haven't tried it yet but planned on trying it tonight when I get home. I'm taking the pessimistic approach so I won't be disappointed if it doesn't work but you give me hope.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

So, I got home tonight, opened the mail, and our monthly mortgage statement suggests that a payment of $20,020.71 was made on our mortgage during Thanksgiving week - as well as our ordinary, much much smaller monthly payment. The amount of the mystery payment reduced our mortgage balance by about 40 percent.

I figured, hmm, interesting error, probably due to the credit union recently outsourcing mortgage recordkeeping to another company. But I also just checked our online credit union account, and the payment appears there too.

Either a large error has been made, the S.O. is keeping a large secret from me, or some anonymous donor is hard at work. I'm guessing #1. I can't verify #2 until S.O. gets home from his haircut, and if it wasn't him, we can't verify #1 or #3 with the credit union until business hours resume tomorrow.

So, I got home tonight, opened the mail, and our monthly mortgage statement suggests that a payment of $20,020.71 was made on our mortgage during Thanksgiving week - as well as our ordinary, much much smaller monthly payment. The amount of the mystery payment reduced our mortgage balance by about 40 percent.

I figured, hmm, interesting error, probably due to the credit union recently outsourcing mortgage recordkeeping to another company. But I also just checked our online credit union account, and the payment appears there too.

Either a large error has been made, the S.O. is keeping a large secret from me, or some anonymous donor is hard at work. I'm guessing #1. I can't verify #2 until S.O. gets home from his haircut, and if it wasn't him, we can't verify #1 or #3 with the credit union until business hours resume tomorrow.

I applied your Brewerfan moderator salary directly towards your mortgage.

Archived